four

LIGHTS UP
four | ❝We look out for each other.❞

                WES KNEW that Harry was going to be pissed about the bruise forming around his eye

As soon as him and JJ walked into his house, the older of the Ryder brothers wasted no time in noticing.

"What the hell, Wesley?" Harry grabbed onto his younger brothers face, brows furrowed as he inspected the bruise. "Who did this?"

Wes pushed his brothers hands away. "I'm fine! It doesn't even hurt."

Harry looked at his brother in frustration before turning to JJ. "Who did this to him?"

The blonde boy's eyes widened a little as he stammered, turning to Wes with a panicked look, not knowing what to answer.

"It was just some Kook," Wes admitted, knowing JJ wouldn't snitch, "him and John B were fighting. I stepped in and tried to stop it. It was my fault."

"What the hell are you doing stepping into fights?! Kooks don't give a fuck, Wesley! That guy hurts you bad, or even kills you, you know what's gonna happen to him? Nothing!"

"You think I don't know that?! Why do you think I stepped in?! That could've happened to John B!"

Wes and Harry didn't fight often. They bickered, but it was always just that. They were never the type to scream at each other, JJ knew that.

He felt wrong witnessing this. This was a family thing.

"I'm not gonna apologize for trying to help my friends, Harry! I'm not. So, if that's what you're waiting for, it's not gonna happen. It's been a long night. We're tired, you can keep yelling at me in the morning."

JJ could tell Wes was hating that he was in that situation with his brother.

"Come on, JJ," Wes muttered, walking past Harry and leading the way to his room.

JJ looked at Harry before quickly averting his gaze and following his best friend.

"Wes."

The brunette stopped when he heard his brothers voice and hesitantly turned back to look at him.

Harry walked up to his little brother and wrapped his arms around him. "I don't want you to apologize for helping your friends. I know how much you care about them. I just need you to care about yourself too, Wesley. You have them, but I only have you, alright? You're my only family, kid. I can't have anything happening to you."

Wes exhaled a breath he didn't know he was holding as he returned the hug. He loved his brother more than anyone in the world. He didn't think about how him being hurt would affect Harry.

"I'm sorry," he told him.

Harry pulled away from the hug and put his hands on his brothers shoulders. "It's alright, Bub. Just be careful," He glanced at JJ, sending him a small smile. "I thought you were supposed to be the one looking out for JJ, maybe it should be the other way around, huh?"