sixteen

LIGHTS UP
sixteen | ❝You're so fucking whipped.❞

               THEY SPENT the night in Kiara's car

THEY SPENT the night in Kiara's car. It was the second night in a row that Wes hadn't gone home and the guilt was really starting to get to him. Thoughts of his brother being worried and upset consumed his mind.

But there was no time to think about that- especially after they decided that John B's safest bet with the police looking for him would be to take a ferry off the island.

Pope parked the car by the ferry docks and got out alone, going to make sure everything was cool for John B to leave quietly.

Wes bounced his knee anxiously, sunglasses on as he looked out the window and watched the many scattered cops- all looking for John B.

"Okay," Pope sighed out as he returned to the car, a flyer in hand, "okay. Alright, no."

"Pope, can you act normal?" Kiara ushered him in a hushed voice as he went to stand by the driver's window.

"So, um.. okay, so, bad news," he told them, "the ferry's closed, and there is this."

He passed the paper to Kiara before getting into the car.

Her eyes widened as she scanned it, making Wes worry.

"Shit."

"What is that?" John B asked hurriedly. "What is this?"

Kiara turned back and handed Wes the paper, that he could now see was a wanted poster for John B- with a reward and everything.

"This is fucking bad," Wes sighed as he gave the paper to JJ.

JJ looked over it himself. "Well, John B, uh... this is a good framer of you," he showed the boy the flyer.

"Okay, so the whole island's lookin' for John B right now," Pope informed.

"With a fucking reward like that how do you expect them not to?" Wes huffed, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Congratulations, John B, you're now famous," JJ handed him the poster.

"Guys, we gotta get to the HMS. It's small, no running lights—"

"It's at the Château, Kie."

"And I wonder if the cops got the entire place staked out, let me think," JJ pretended to give it thought, holding a hand to his head, "oh, yeah, no, they definitely have that place locked down."