eight

LIGHTS UP
eight | ❝It was me.❞

                AFTER GOING through the struggle of stealing a drone, learning how to operate it, testing it out, and then going out during a literal storm all to look for the Royal Merchant, you can imagine how devastated the group was when they ...

AFTER GOING through the struggle of stealing a drone, learning how to operate it, testing it out, and then going out during a literal storm all to look for the Royal Merchant, you can imagine how devastated the group was when they did find said shipwreck, but they found it with absolutely no trace of any gold.

So, Wes kissed his going full-Kook dreams goodbye as their lives went back to normal.

And normal currently meant going to Figure Eight for some movie night that Kiara was forcing him, JJ, and Pope to go to.

"Wes!" Harry called out as Wes made his way to the front door, ready to leave.

"What's up?" The younger of the two turned to his brother.

"Last time you interacted with Kooks you ended up with a bruise on your face, I don't want you getting into any fights tonight, alright? Be careful with those psychos."

Wes chuckled. "Don't worry, I'll be good."

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

"I'm so glad that they're still doing this," Kiara spoke with a smile as she led Wes, JJ, and Pope to where everyone was sitting, facing a huge projector where they'd be playing the movie, "keep calm, carry on. Back to OBX life, you know? Aren't you guys glad that I made you come?"

Wes had to admit, the vibe of it all seemed pretty chill. It was nice out, the sun was setting so it wasn't super hot, there was food, he wasn't mad at it. Maybe it would turn out to be a fun, relaxing evening.

JJ and Pope, however, were acting really weird. They were being sketchy, Wes picked up on it right away.

"Ecstatic," Pope cleared his throat as they found a spot and sat down.

"My couch was pretty comfy, I'll be honest," JJ muttered.

Kiara rolled her eyes as she set up her blankets on the floor.

"Don't listen to them, Kie. I actually think this'll be fun," Wes smiled at the girl as he sat in between her and Pope.

"Thank you, Wes!" She emphasized his name, looking over at the other two before going to buy some sodas.

Once she was gone, Wes turned to the boys, who were whispering to each other.

"What the hell is going on with you two?"

Both boys looked at each other, Pope looked like he was about to tell him before JJ cut in.

"Nothin', don't worry about it. Everything's fine," JJ knew that the less people that knew what happened, the better. He couldn't risk Wes getting caught up in this.