seventeen

LIGHTS UP
seventeen | ❝I'm okay.❞

               THEY DROVE past three cop cars on their way to the the garage

Wes was seriously beginning to worry, having heard nothing from John B, but he kept his focus on the plan.

When they arrived, Wes and Kiara stood back and JJ slid the large, metal backdoor open, revealing the boat.

Kiara looked unimpressed as they entered the garage and Wes chuckled as he looked at JJ's face display the opposite of hers.

"There she be," the blonde gawked at the boat as he approached it, "hey, girl. A 1983 Formula 402 SR1. The Phantom."

JJ stared at the boat admiringly, clicking his tongue when he turned to look at his friends.

"Mhm," Kiara shrugged, really not interested.

"The first boat to make the run to Bermuda in under 16 hours," he went and placed a hand on the boat, "forty years old! Forty. And it's still the fastest thing that Kildare's ever seen."

"It's kind of a junker," Kiara commented, making Wes bite back a snort.

JJ looked at her in disbelief. "Really? She's right there, Kie. She can hear you."

Kiara made a face as she turned to Wes. "This is really who you're spending your time making out with? The guy getting horny over a boat?"

Wes bursted out laughing, turning to JJ who rolled his eyes through a blush.

"Let's just put it this way," JJ pointed to Kiara, "you would not be smokin' weed right now," he then turned to Wes with a smirk, "and you would not be mackin' on anyone- if she never existed, okay?"

"I'm sure Wes would be able to find someone to mack on regardless- like Hawaiian Shirt Boy from the kegger. Right, Wes?" Kiara's eyes weren't on Wes as she spoke. She had her gaze set on JJ, the smirk on her face evident.

"Hawaiian Shirt Boy from the kegger? What Hawaiian shirt boy from the kegger?" JJ's eyebrows knitted together, looking from Wes to Kiara.

Wes tried to suppress a chuckle as he stayed quiet, watching JJ grow confused and pouty.

Kiara laughed amusedly at the boy's sudden change of mood. "Some Touron Wes was sucking faces with at the kegger we had a while ago."

Wes shook his head at the girl as a smile peaked through on his lips. He knew what she was doing, and part of him had to admit he was enjoying it.