》Chapter 9《

Asahi never thought he would have to look at his best friend with such disbelief in his eyes that he almost wanted to curse at him. He really wanted to rewind time and stop Haruto from doing what he did, because in no way was he approving of the tall boy’s act.

“Look, what I did was for your good, you couldn't-"

“Just shut up Haruto!” Asahi spoke in a rather loud voice, which he rarely used with anyone let alone Haruto. The younger gulped.

“You can be mad at me all you want, but you can’t back down now, Asahi, you have to comply!” Haruto strongly said, even though he was quite intimidated.

Asahi gave Haruto a sharp yet cold gaze. He was fuming inside. Haruto, without even telling him a thing, put a note in Jaehyuk’s locker; asking him to meet the admirer at the gym during the lunch hour. All when Jaehyuk clearly mentioned that he wasn’t interested in knowing anything about his admirer anymore.

“That was such a desperate act, Haruto. Now Jaehyuk would think even badly of me. You shouldn’t have done this to me.” Asahi spoke with a steady yet spiteful tone.

Haruto gulped again. He knew what Asahi said was somewhat correct, but he had done it for Asahi. To be more particular, Junkyu told him to do so, so that both of them could meet.

“Maybe what I did wasn’t quite right, but think about it. If you don’t go meet him now, what will he think?? You asking him to meet, only to leave him hanging? Only to insult him?” Haruto tried to convince Asahi.

“I don’t care, Haruto! He already rejected me! Now I can’t face him again to get rejected twice!”

“So it’s just your fear of rejection that comes first? Can’t you see how bad he will feel if he does come and you don’t?” Haruto raised his hands to hold Asahi’s shoulders. He had to do this. He had to let them meet.

Asahi stayed silent. And Haruto knew by that, he hit the weak spot of his best friend.

“It’s all your fault, Haruto. You could have helped me to move on, but you just made it 10 times worse.” Asahi weakly said. Haruto’s heart ached. Asahi was hurt, that too because of what he did.

“Asahi, he may reject you again, but at least you can tell yourself that you tried. I know, if you don’t then one day, you’ll regret.” Haruto softly said. Asahi looked at his feet, silently comprehending those words.

“He likes someone.” Asahi said.

“I know. But he should tell it to you in person. Not with a random note because you devoted the last few months of your life only thinking about him.”

Asahi sighed. A long one indeed. Then he looked at Haruto with a helpless look in his eyes, “Alright. What can be worse than being rejected and hurt, which I already am.”

Haruto pressed his lips together. He just wished that maybe, just maybe, Junkyu’s speculation was right, that the person Jaehyuk did like was none but Asahi.

And he prepared himself to either congratulate a happy Asahi or to comfort an even broken Asahi because he knew Jaehyuk would come to the gym at lunch hour. Junkyu was covering that.

-

“But we are in everything together, Kyu!!” Jihoon loudly whined as Junkyu told him his plan about Jaehyuk. Due to a non coincidental rooftop date of him with Hyunsuk, he was gonna miss the adventure of the meeting between Jaehyuk and his months long admirer. He was not having it; however, he didn’t even want to hurt his ‘sukkie' by cancelling the date. Poor Junkyu! His ears were already hurting.