》Chapter 11《

After Jeongwoo left, only Haruto and Mashiho remained. Mashiho gave a small knowing look to Haruto before leaving the gym as well but Haruto- he was petrified. He realized that the whole situation was just a huge mess up and no one in particular was at fault. Yet, people were hurting.

Debating with himself whose path he ought to take, Haruto rushed towards a definite direction at the last moment. He didn’t know why he chose that, when the other choice was more obvious. Maybe he just felt that someone else needed a little bit of comfort from him.

Haruto didn’t find him easily though. He rushed and looked everywhere- the corridors, cafeteria, classrooms; but no sign of the one he was looking for. Haruto brushed a hand through his hair in frustration and suddenly remembered to check the washrooms.

He didn’t see anyone in the washroom either. Sighting, he decided to leave. But just as he was about to, the sound of a sniff was caught in his ears. Haruto walked inside again and went before a locked toilet door.

Another sniff.

Haruto knocked on the door. The sound of sniffing stopped momentarily but no other sound was heard. Haruto knocked again, a bit louder this time.

“Jeongwoo, is that you?” he asked. Again, no response.

“I know it’s you!” Haruto insisted, “Come out now, Jeongwoo. Stop crying there alone.” He spoke. But the person behind the door didn’t move. Silence was his only response.

“Look, I know you are hurt quite badly by your friend but you should at least see it from his perspective. He never would have scolded you if the situation weren’t like this.” Haruto tried to convince Jeongwoo, but to no use.

Well, one use maybe. It broke the silence.

Haruto heard the sound of the door knob clicking and a tired looking, teary eyed Jeongwoo got out of it, who didn’t even bother looking at Haruto. Instead, he walked past Haruto, slightly bumping their shoulders together.

Haruto closed his eyes in frustration for a moment but quickly caught up to Jeongwoo. He grabbed the latter’s arm soon, stopping him from walking away.

“Jeongwoo, don’t just walk away!” he said. Jeongwoo looked quite annoyed though.

“What do you want now?” he asked quite loudly, “Isn’t it already enough for you to tease me? Huh? Having a wrong assumption, being scolded by his friend in front of everyone, turning out to be an absolute fool, a disgusting and nosy person- what other names for me do you want?” Jeongwoo said, struggling to get free from Haruto’s strong grip on his arm. But Haruto was as firm as a hard rock.

“Done?” He said as he let Jeongwoo rant first. “Now listen to what I say carefully.”

Haruto blinked once. As if to prepare himself to say the words which wouldn’t repel Jeongwoo or make him seem small.

“First, no you aren’t a fool.” Haruto started, “Being wrong about something like this doesn’t make you a fool.”

Jeongwoo crossed his brows. “Why are you saying it to me? You should be using these for you revenge on me.”

Haruto chuckled which made Jeongwoo even more annoyed and somewhat confused.

“Yah, you think all I care for is vengeance?” He shook his head, “Come on! Jeongwoo. I hold no grudge against you!”

“But why not?” Jeongwoo was even more confused, “I annoyed you way too much already!”

Haruto had the trace of his previous chuckle on his face, “You think I paid heed to those? Even you know those are just bullshits.”