Bought n Sold

«C.10»

"What would you know?" Alacai clapped back as he walked towards his room hearing the footsteps of his brother following behind him "A lot more than you." Demetri answered knowing he really didn't know Love but at least he would know how to treat her.

It was a flaw of Alacai's and everyone knew it. Alacai would never let anyone close to him, he feared commitment in a way. It always had his brothers wondering why he would chose to get married when he was against his older brothers getting married. Alacai suffered from trust issues, commitment issues, abandonment issues- the whole spectrum it seemed.

"Like what?" Alacai looked at his brother as the stopped in they foyer of the manor.

"Like how to treat her! You're a monster to her right now! You won't talk to her, you walk around leaving her alone! Yes it is the first day but you show no interest already!" Demetrius explained as he watched his brother clench his jaw.

"She's going to be my wife, you hear that? My wife. I will treat her how I see fit." Alacai barked back.

"She doesn't want to marry you and I don't blame her! She's not some object you can just push around Cai! She's a human who had her parents turn their backs on her for money!" Demetri stopped himself as he heard his voice grow louder.

"And now. Now she's in a house full of strangers and the one who is supposed to marry her is treating her like a dog." Demetri quieted down as he stared at his brother with a pained look in his eyes.

"You know nothing about a marriage you're a child!" Alacai fought back.

"And you're a monster who doesn't deserve what he's getting." Demetri grabbed onto his jaw as he felt the pain wash over "You fucking punched me!" Demetri yelled catching the attention of the family inside the house.

"Hey! Knock it off you too!" Byron and Keller grabbed onto their younger brothers pulling them apart.

"What's this about?" Keller asked huffing out a breath of air.

"Ask Cai! He's being nothing but a monster with Love." Demetrius pushed Byron away before storming off "With me." Byron beckoned his second younger brother to follow him and stopped when Alacai just stood there.

"Now." Byron gave a deadly stare showing Alacai he meant business.

"What's your issue?" Byron asked as they stood outside in the green house "I don't have an issue." Alacai crossed his arms and his brother raised a single eyebrow.

"Cai, I am going to tell you this once so listen really closely. You will never put your hands on your brother again, no one will be doing that. Second get your head out of your ass and start acting like you want to be a husband." Byron scolded.

"It's not easy. You think Melissa and I were smooth sailing? You didn't see the fights because we have our own house, you are choosing to live with Love here in mother and father's house and take it over like your own as you and father agreed on with mother's blessing," Byron cut himself off and his brother relaxed down and showed his interest in the conversation.

"I'm not telling you to jump on that girl and act like you're already in love, but stop being such a narcissistic prick Cai. She's uncomfortable here and the fact we, your brothers, are making an effort to make her feel at home puts you at the bottom of the totem pole for her." Byron points out.

The brothers stood there in quiet leaving Byron to groan loudly "Am I understood?" He questioned harshly making Alacai nod.

"Where do I start?" Alacai asked and his brother cracked a smile.

"Just get to know the girl, Cai. Quit being a quiet bully." Alacai headed back into the house and decided to hide himself in his room thinking over the conversation he had with his brother.

"Do you think it worked?" Byron looked at his father and shook his head "No, Cai is stubborn. He won't put much effort into it." Byron sighed as he knows his brother really didn't listen to what he said "The chef informed me that dinner will be served at 7:30 sharp." William informed his oldest son.

"Well Cai is going to invite, escort and sit with Love. I think he just needs a little shaping." Byron ran his hand over his face as his father chuckled.

"You and Keller are bad at thinking your brother will change." William responded "Father, he will change if given the right motivation." Byron assured himself rather than assuring his father.