Bought n Sold

«C.11»

She stirred around on the bed a couple times as he tried to shake her awake- gently of course. Byron was standing just outside her bedroom door to ensure that Alacai had done this properly.

"Wake up, come on awake." Alacai's voice was tender as he spoke to the waking girl.

"What time is it?" She asked her voice was light, and coated in nothing but sweetness "7:25. I wanted to.." Alacai cleared his throat as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"I want to invite you to dinner with my family tonight." Love looked at him curiously as she slowly sat up "What is this Beauty and The Beast?" Alacai got a small smile at her comment "It's the polite thing to do. Plus, I don't need you to be getting lost." Love looked at Alacai and cocked her head to the side slightly.

Alacai was talking to her, an actual conversation. It was slightly weird "Are we going? Or are we going to admire my strikingly good looks?" Love rolled her eyes as she stood up off her bed "Lead the way." Alacai sighed and took her by the wrist gently.

"We will walk side by side." Byron smiled as he overheard his younger brother trying his hardest it seemed, satisfied with this he walked himself to the dining room and sat down next to Demetrius.

"What's for dinner?" Love asked as they walked down one of the many hallways "Uhh.." Alacai chuckled "I don't know, I normally wouldn't attend dinner." Alacai admitted making Love furrow her eyebrows together as she looked up at the man walking her to dinner.

"Why not?" Alacai shrugged.

"You probably came from a family where eating dinner together was normal, I come from one where as I got older I just ate on my own time." Alacai explained he saw the pained look as he remembers he mentioned her family- the ones that hurt her.

The rest of their walk was quiet, it was a peaceful kind of quiet too one that did not ruffle either of their feathers. Love admired the decorative art that hung on the halls- it looked almost too expensive for the nearly plain wallpaper that lined up against the walls perfectly.

"There you guys are! We had started to think you got lost!" William grinned "It's hard to get lost in here." Alacai pulled a chair out beckoning Love to sit down and she took the seat with her head down.

Alacai sat next to her and the plates of food were brought out and served "What is this?" Love asked making everyone but Alacai stare at her "Salmon." William answered making Love eye the piece of fancy looking fish.

"Is there something wrong?" Keller questioned making Love shake her head "No, I just um.. it looks fancy." The table around her chuckled and William nodded "What kind of food are you used to?" Byron asks curiously making Love shrug "Southern really. More of fried foods and greasy foods." Love answered.

"Are you Southern?" William questioned.

"I can have a bit of a Southern twang at moments, I was raised like a country girl but not in the country." Love explained making everyone nod slightly "We can get the cook to prepare something-"

"No! I wanna try it." Love cut Byron off and he nods as everyone watches Love take her first bite of the meal. Her jaw worked the piece of fish in between her teeth as that taste exploded in her mouth, it tasted like a little slice of heaven.

"This is really good." Love admitted after swallowing the first bite making the table roar into cheering- all except for Alacai who sat there silently.

The rest of the meal was good, William tried to keep the conversation going and at some points Keller would tell him to eat before his food would get cold.

Alacai escorted Love back to her room, but that was all after that he proceeded to his own room. Love stood there in her room gnawing on her bottom lip, what she really wanted was to take a shower but she was new to this house and didn't want someone walking in on her.

She'll take the risk.

She gathered her shower materials and proceeded into her own bathroom and shut the door as she turned on the light.

It was a gorgeous and spacious bathroom with clean light teal walls and marble flooring- a talented and skilled person in home decor and renovations had done this house, every inch of this house screamed pleasant and fancy.

Love opened the glass doors to her shower and turned the faucet on to start the warming of her shower water, unbeknownst to her that his eyes watched her- even when he knew he was wrong.