Chapter 2: A Day in Biyu Land Strongholds

The next day, Xiao Zhan found himself with the First young master, Wang Haikuan, talking about what clothes should he wear since Xiao Zhan don't have any.

Even if Wang Yibo have plenty of robes to be lend to Xiao Zhan, the size just ain't it. Compare to Wang Yibo small and slims body, Xiao Zhan born a little bit taller and built so it not going to look good on him anyway.

Haikuan said that he can lend his robes for a few days before he could have his own clothes. Xiao Zhan laughed it off and putting on the two layers of white robes. Which make him looks more soft than what he used to wear in palace which made of heavy gold and rare silk. Thanks to the doctor who gave him medicine to eat, now he can finally sit and stand even though in a odd way but he have Wang Yibo accompany him throughout the day.

Playing cleansing songs for him with Guqin and it didn't bothered Xiao Zhan even a bit. As the Emperor, he live his life studying about various of things and one of them including cultivation.

He always thought cultivators were way more cooler than the royals, which is why he decided to learn it secretly.

Wang Yibo stopped playing with his guqin a while ago, he started to brewing tea at the table next to Xiao Zhan's bed. Xiao Zhan joined him at the table as Wang Yibo served the tea to him.

"I have questions," Wang Yibo said. His voice as gentle as his face, which somehow carved perfectly. Today, Wang Yibo dressed up in sky blue robes, which has less layers compared to the other one which make him more light and comfortable. Xiao Zhan stares at him in adoration.

"Really? Then tell me," he said, sipping the hot tea.

He found the tea in this place were different than in the palace, different in a good way. It taste light and a little sweet, he took another sip before he put it down, ready for Wang Yibo's questions.

"How did you get your injuries?" Wang Yibo asked him.

Xiao Zhan turned away to face the floor, how is he going to answer this? If he tell him the truth, Wang Yibo going to be upset. Even if he lied, if he said too much it going to be obvious so he came up with an excuse.

"I don't think I'm ready to talk about it, it's a long story," he said. He look at Wang Yibo and hoping that the second young master will buy his lie.

Which shockingly, he did. Wang Yibo clasped his hands before him as he bowed, like usual.

"Forgive me for being rude," he said.

Xiao Zhan cringed at that, it's not the young man's fault he is in this condition. This happened to quick for him to even process it. Talking about this, it reminded him of his family. Which died tragically that night and he can't even save a soul. Then somehow being accused for killing his own family members. He thought whoever did this to him must have a huge grudge on him.

Xiao Zhan shrugged it off, "Don't mind it. I will tell you about it later anyway," he said and he's not pretty sure about it.

Probably there will be no day where he can speak about it, he might have go away somewhere far from here. He don't think he wanted to stay and make it worse. True now that he think about it, he still hadn't come up with any plans. Where will he be heading to? What will he do?

Wang Yibo set his cup down on the table as he look back at Xiao Zhan.

"Do you want to join me?" He asked Xiao Zhan.

Xiao Zhan frowned, he tilted his head to the side, confused with the sudden invitation.

"Where are you going?" Xiao Zhan asked back.

He either hallucinating or he really just see a red dust filling those soft cheeks on his face. Wang Yibo stood as he walked away leaving the room. Before he stepped away from the door that separate him with the outside he turned slightly around. As if he expecting Xiao Zhan to follow him and so he did.

Xiao Zhan left the room, following Wang Yibo to wherever he wanted to go. He still walks awkwardly since his feet got injured when he ran away from the prison bare feet. He also noticed how slow Wang Yibo walks. Did he wait for him so they can walk together? They headed to somewhere behind the stronghold, where there is waterfall and river flow underneath them. Xiao Zhan got confused and also a bit curious about what are they doing here? Since he new to this place, he never get the chance to explore this place on his own but this can do for now. They headed down the hill where there is cold springs built not far from the waterfall.

Wang Yibo stop and stares at Xiao Zhan.

"Strips," he said.

Xiao Zhan's brows furrowed, he brought his hands to covered his chest as if they were bare to the sight.

"Hey, Er gongzi could you at least explain what are we doing here? Don't suddenly asked me to strip myself, it sounds like a pervert," he said.

Wang Yibo look at him still unemotional. Xiao Zhan thought he might don't care about it and the intention were real. Not that he had problem with it, doing something inappropriate with the second young master in such secluded place.

Wang Yibo stepped aside and pointed to the cold springs with his hand that gripping the sword.

"My brother suggest you to bath in the cold pond for a fast recovery," he said.

Xiao Zhan nodded his head as he sighed, he put his hands down in disappointment.

"Aiya, you could have just said it earlier. You make me have goosebumps for nothing, you know?" He said.

Xiao Zhan started to untie the belt on his waist and remove the robes one by one. As he about to go for his trousers, he noticed Wang Yibo was staring at him. He smirked.

"Er gongzi, are you really going to watch me strip myself? Are you really a pervert? Or am I really hot?" He asked, teasingly.

He can see Wang Yibo widened his eyes. He turned around almost 180°, hand gripping on the sword hard, it turned white instantly.

"Shameless," was the only thing that came out from his mouth. Xiao Zhan peeked on him from behind, seeing how red his ears became.

"Ah, alright, alright, I will not remove my trousers then," he said. Xiao Zhan chuckled, shaking his head before he take off the shoes and jumped into the cold water.

Wang Yibo glanced at him who had his back facing him. He coughed a bit, putting his vision on the older guy. Xiao Zhan shivered by the cold of the water. He hugs himself immediately.

"How cold~"

He glanced around and saw that Wang Yibo still there. Standing still, eyes not leaving him. This, Xiao Zhan got a little freaked out. He started to think to himself.

Does the Second Young Master suspect something about me? He stares at me way too much... eh, he probably likes me.

Xiao Zhan took a deep breath before he turned around, facing the young man. He crossed his arms on his chest, staring at him challenging him.

"Er gongzi, are you really being asked to stay with me, watching me bathing? I mean... I don't mind having someone pretty as a company," he said, brows wriggled.

Wang Yibo looks like he wanted to throw that sword towards Xiao Zhan but he ended up stomping his feet and walked away, leaving the area.

Xiao Zhan pouted, he watched as Wang Yibo gone from his sight slowly.

•••

To Be Continue.