Chapter 15: The Spy in Xiao Hu Palace

Xiao Zhan wore his mask, tied it up to the back of his head and grabbed his sword. He glanced at Wang Yibo who ready on his bed. Wang Yibo blew the candles out and left them in a complete darkness. The only source of light is from the moon shining through the thin holes of the walls. Xiao Zhan stood next to the door, waiting for the same intruders to come back and open it. This time they decided to leave the door unlocked which will be easier for the intruders to break in. Wang Yibo lay on the bed silently, sword on his side in case Xiao Zhan need help. They also left Rongyao on the table so it's easy for them to get distracted.

Soon, Xiao Zhan heard a light footsteps coming from outside. He even heard a rustles coming from behind him, which mean that the two intruders was in front of the door.

"The lights are out. Could they be sleeping?" Intruder one asked. The other one; intruder two chucked loudly.

"They must have! We need to find the sword fast. Master Zhu will be so mad at us if we can't get it by tonight," intruder two said.

Xiao Zhan widened his eyes at the words he heard earlier.

Master Zhu? Could it be Zhu Zanjin they were talking about?

The door slidely open a little.

"Eh, the door is unlocked," intruder one said.

"Then open it fast, stupid," intruder two said.

When the door slide further and both of them stepped inside. Xiao Zhan waited, he shuffled slowly and stand behind them. Both of the intruders were so careless they immediately went for the sword. As they about to turn around, Xiao Zhan hold out his sword at their necks.

The intruders gasped.

"You- What are you doing?!" Intruder two asked.

Xiao Zhan shook his head, "I'm the one should be asking you that," he said and hold it further till the edge of the sword hit their skins.

Wang Yibo also got up from the bed which make the two of them gasped and kneeled immediately. Xiao Zhan huffed.

"They really scared of Jian Zi Jun so much they can't even fear me a little bit," he said shaking his head disappointedly. He sheathed back his sword.

Wang Yibo stood next to Xiao Zhan as Xiao Zhan used his spell to light up the candles. When the room light up, both Xiao Zhan and Wang Yibo saw the intruders wearing the orange robes and the pendant-

"Nan Hai clan?" Xiao Zhan muttered.

Wang Yibo's brows furrowed. He stepped forward to take back Rongyao from Intruder one.

"Who are you working for?" Wang Yibo asked.

Voice tense and cold. The intruders shook.

"N-no one," they said.

Xiao Zhan stomped his sword on the floor in front of them as he crouched to face them.

"Liar, I heard you said something about Master Zhu. Tell me, the Master Zhu you guys mentioned is it Zhu Zanjin?" He asked.

Wang Yibo glares at them, waiting for the answers.

"We don't know what his full name," they answered slowly.

Xiao Zhan chuckled, standing up.

"How come? You work for him, you must know it," He said.

Wang Yibo frowned.

"Should we investigate everyone in the palace then?" He asked.

Xiao Zhan nodded, he kick one the intruder one lightly.