Chapter 11: The Curse of Sishen

Xiao Zhan kept swinging his sword here and there. Thanks for his basic knowledge about sword, he managed to distract these people from chasing after the two separate group of Biyu Clan. He can't recognise which sect does this people came from. They all dressed in black and don't have a single colour from other sects, that's until Xiao Zhan realised.

The sword... he thought silently, pushing one of the man down before slicing him to death.

He noticed one of this people had a different sword, a sword much to his concern came from Nan Hai clan. Pendant coloured in bright orange hung on the end of his sword. Xiao Zhan glares at them from his mask, they must be stupid. If they want to ambush them so bad, can they at least give a better cover up. Even he can disguised better than them.

As he seems distracted by his opponent, someone or something, managed to stabbed his rib. He gasped and twirled to hit them back with his sword. It was a messy fight, but all of them got injured and tried to ran away, while he still fighting with this stranger from Nan Hai clan. He saw another guy from his position not far from the main entrance of the cave throwing something. A bomb he thought. Xiao Zhan pushed the guy above him and jumped into the cave.

The bomb exploded, triggering the rocks around it to close the exist of the cave. Xiao Zhan groaned as he felt on the ground. He rose up to his feet, trying to find a way out but failed so sadly.

He grabbed his sword next to him and sheathed it back. To his surprise, Sishen was incredibly light during battle, but heavy once it's over. He hold his rib as he slowly walked over what supposed to be a light from a bon-fire. He stepped inside and look around. The disciples were here, so the Headquarter. Xiao Zhan rolled his eyes and look more and saw Wang Yibo sitting on the ground not far from him.

He stepped forward and crouched in front of him. As if the young man saw a knight in shining armor, his eyes showing a glint of joy and assurement.

"Are you alright?" Was what Xiao Zhan could ask of him.

Wang Yibo didn't answer him, he seems troubled so Xiao Zhan let him be. He look around the cave to find anything worth to treat Wang Yibo's wound. He look back at Wang Yibo.

"Wait here ah?" He asked him.

He wants to pat him, treating him like a good boy but he keep it to himself. He stood up from his position and wandered around the cave. He went to deepest side of the cave where he found the bottom of this cave have pool in it. He watches closely, there is a big pile of old corpses laying around the ground near the water. Sign that there is something down there which both dangerous and powerful. He look at the water which flowing in one direction and there is even leaves floating around. He clicked his mouth.

There is a way out of here, mmm, but what is it actually inside here that killed all of this people?, He thought silently.

He continue looking for small branches he can find and cut it into small sticks. He walked back inside the place the disciples gathered. He crouched one more time in front of Wang Yibo, bringing the leg closer to him. He put it around and listened to hissing sounds Wang Yibo made and watched the way he jolted in pain. Xiao Zhan goes still.

"Hold it," he said gently.

How am I supposed to tie this up? He thought to himself.

He looked around but ended up found nothing, he sighed.

Hair ribbon... he looked up to Wang Yibo's hair that tied perfectly. Xiao Zhan squints his eyes.

I can't ruin such a pretty look. He stares a little longer before he untying the ribbon on his hair.