Chapter 14: The Rivalry of Silver Strings and Lone Wanderer

Xiao Zhan took his risk and decided to walk around the palace after greeting the new Emperor which happened to be his own uncle. Now that he remember again, during his three months of torture because of the false accused the only face he remember seeing was his uncle, Da Bing. Xiao Zhan literally had no clue what Da Bing has to got to do with his own family's deaths. Da Bing just hated him that much because Xiao Zhan 'killed' his own family.

If Xiao Zhan hated his family so much, he would already kill them when he still a kid. Why wait until now? He is old enough to just went with life.

His steps halted when he heard someone talking not far from him. He hid behind the wall and peak behind it, seeing Da Bing and someone dressed up as butler. He don't know who that is, he never saw that person before. He bit his lips.

"Zhan Fu? Are you sure that's not someone we should beware of?" Da Bing asked in worried voice.

Xiao Zhan covered his mouth with his palm. Did Da Bing already aware of his suspicious look? He continue to hear the conversation.

"He is with Biyu Land, I'm sure he is a nobody," the butler said.

Da Bing nodded.
"Fine, don't let anyone enter my chamber. I have meeting to attend," he said and walked away.

The butler asked the guards to watched over the room before he followed Da Bing to the meeting hall. Xiao Zhan caressed his chin.

Maybe I can sneak in and check what he keeping inside, he thought.

He grabbed the talisman from his robe and write a diverting spell before throw it to the opposite side. When the guards hear the ruffles sounds, they went to chase the noise leaving the chamber bare to enter. Xiao Zhan immediately went inside and shut the door silently. He never went inside Da Bing's room before. He remember his room wasn't that far, just a few block away from here. How funny Da Bing hasn't change his location. He looked around.

Nothing interesting to see but well as he walked around the room, one of the floor creaking harder. He frowned. He tapped it again with leg, it doesn't have surface underneath it. He kneeled down and caressed the wooden floor with his hand. Not far from where he kneeled he saw the thin gap on the wodden floor. Usually the wooden floor will go in parallel. This one however goes vertical. He traced the line and realised it's a door. He look around before he open it with his hands. There is ladder on the side. He don't remember having secret space in his palace.

His sword started shaking in his hand. He gasped.

There is a strong resentment down there. Whatever it is that uncle kept inside there should be dangerous enough or hard enough to control, He thought.

"I'm pretty sure I heard someone," the voice of the guard said.

Xiao Zhan close it back quietly and look around the place. How do he get out? He went to window to the back, unlocked it and go out. He will come back to that secret space later.

Meanwhile Wang Yibo who worried about Zhan Fu disappearance started to look for him only to be left disappointed. He ended up standing at the corridor staring into starry night, watching as he waiting for Zhan Fu to return. Haoxuan suddenly stood next to him, looking straight while arm crossed to his chest.

"You shouldn't be walking around with that injury," he said to Wang Yibo.

Wang Yibo smiles.

"Qianbei don't need to worry, it less hurt now" he said.

Haoxuan sighed.

"Who are you looking for?" He asked.

Wang Yibo shook his head "No one," he said.