Chapter 4: Another Assailant

As they headed back to Biyu Land Stronghold, they encountered a group of royal guards. Wang Yibo stepped closer towards his brother and bowed. Xiao Zhan did the same. They turned slightly around to meet with the person who Xiao Zhan knew so well. Glad he had thought to bought this mask in the first place. The guy seems unfamiliar with him. The guy clasped his hands before him and bowed respectfully, greeting Wang Yibo

"Jian Zi Jun," he said. Wang Yibo replied with the same gesture.

Just today, Xiao Zhan found out Wang Yibo has a title. Oh my god, he really forgot to ask about that, nor acknowledge it.

"General Hu," Wang Yibo said.

General Hu or Hu Bai Tao smiles gently before he turned towards Xiao Zhan. His eyes were staring at him suspiciously yet he greet Xiao Zhan anyway.

"And who is this gentleman here?" He said.

Xiao Zhan chuckled, he bowed respectfully. He usually don't do this because he used to be told not to lower his status, but he is no more an Emperor. He just a normal citizen, an escapade one.

"Call me Zhan Fu, General Hu," he said, voice thicker and deeper, almost sounds like shaky whisper. Xiao Zhan was so bad at disguising but he can be as weird as the world wanted him to be.

Hu Bai Tao nodded in acknowledgement. They all turned back to First Young Master, Wang Haikuan who talking about the missing of Emperor Xiao. Words like escaped the prison, hitting people and so on were now too familiar in his ears. Xiao Zhan rolled his eyes. These people were overestimated him. That night when he escaped, the only thing he did was jumping and running, he didn't even touch a single skin right after he managed to unlocked the door of the prison. Plus he is too weak to even stand, how can they said he beat people up.

"General Hu," Wang Yibo called for him. All of them turns their gaze towards the young man who gripped his sword hard.

"That night, did he... did he really killed people?" His voice is strangely lower and quieter than it used to be. As if he is holding his tears or anger or even his secret feeling, longue somewhere near his heart.

Xiao Zhan feel something inside him, screaming to tell him the truth, to tell anyone the truth. Still, will anyone listen to him? Will anyone believe what he is going to say?

General Hu sighed, "It's why I came here today," he said.

"When we were investigating the scene, we found out that there's possibility that the Emperor was helped by someone," he continued.

After those words, it pick Xiao Zhan's interest. He tilted his head to the side.

"Do you guys know who is it?" He asked.

Hu Bai Tao shook his head, "Unfortunately, we don't have a clue about this second assailant. However, we have this as the evidence," he said, grabbing the green leaves sword from his guard and handing it to Wang Yibo.

Wang Yibo took it from his hands and observed it. When he unsheated it, there's words carved on it, written "Rongyao" glory.

"The name of the sword is Rongyao," Wang Yibo muttered.

Xiao Zhan frowned. There is nothing really interested about this sword but Wang Yibo seems to take it seriously. Xiao Zhan wondered what's going on inside the little one's head.

Wang Yibo sheated it back before firmly held it against his waist.

"When we tried to find the owner of this sword, nobody seems to have a clue of who is it. Plus it doesn't have the same design as all of our swords. That's when I think, someone has broke into our palace that night and helped the Emperor by doing such deed. Then I supposed, I could seek your help by handing out this sword. Maybe you all cultivators know what to do with it, and we hope we get the answer as soon as possible," Hu Bai Tao said.