Chapter 18: Three Months Sacrifice

Wang Yibo sat down on his bed, taking off his outer robes and left him with his inner robe. His leg is a little hurt when he fell during the explosion but most of it he's fine. He looked up to see how serious Xiao Zhan is with his potrait. He approached him and sat in front of Xiao Zhan, checking out his work.

"You know how to draw?" Wang Yibo asked. Seeing how the face were drawn perfectly. Just like who they saw before.

Xiao Zhan smiles, nodding.

"I learned how to draw since I was still a kid, I liked it," he said.

Wang Yibo nodded, not say anything further. Xiao Zhan smirked, "What? Do you want me to draw your face?" He asked.

Wang Yibo sighed, rolling his eyes away.

Inside Wang Yibo admitted that he's a little worried after what just happened. He eyed Xiao Zhan to see if there's anything different but the only thing that he can see now was how calm Xiao Zhan is.

"Zhan Fu,"

"Hm?"

"Did you feel anything strange after what we been through earlier?" Wang Yibo asked.

Xiao Zhan shook his head.

"I don't. What's wrong? Did you feel anything weird?" He asked.

Wang Yibo shook his head too.

"I have a bad feeling," he said.

Xiao Zhan leaned to pinched Wang Yibo's cheek which the latter pulled away aggressively. Xiao Zhan chuckled.

"Don't think too much for now. What happened down there, we probably need to ask our seniors about it. In case they know something we don't know," Xiao Zhan said.

Xiao Zhan's brows furrowed, the red stone literally hit him earlier yet it still vanished in the thin air. He worried that it might be a bad sign. Wang Yibo proceed with another question, this time is a little serious than the other one.

"Zhan Fu, did you have any guess who is this Zhu Zanjin is?" he asked in a rather low voice.

Xiao Zhan put down the brush after he finished drawing. He let it dry as he think of Wang Yibo's question. He hummed.

"If you asked me, I would say that butler Yao is Zhu Zanjin," Xiao Zhan said, staring into Wang Yibo's eyes.

Wang Yibo frowned.

"Why did you think so?" He asked.

Xiao Zhan shrugged. The moon is shining brighter than the other night. It goes through their opened door, lighting the whole room. The candles were quite bright too but it rather a romantic view. Wang Yibo watches as Xiao Zhan slowly pulling his ribbon off from his hair, letting his hair fall to the floor majestically.

"He looked suspicious to me since I told everyone that Zhu Zanjin hiding among all of us. Plus I never see him working in this palace before," he said, continue to take off his outer robe.

Wang Yibo looked away, staring at Liuxia and Sishen that leaning next to each other.

"How did you know that?" Wang Yibo asked.

Xiao Zhan lifted his brow, "Know what?"

Wang Yibo turned to Xiao Zhan, "How did you know that butler Yao never working in the palace before? You've been here?" He asked.

Xiao Zhan gulped. He laughed awkwardly.

"I... uh I worked here once," he lied.

Wang Yibo squinted- no more like glaring.