Christopher

⊱ ────── {.⋅ 🐺⋅.} ────── ⊰ 

"What's on your mind Channie?"

The blonde omega had his bare leg thrown over his alpha and his chin resting on Chan's chest, looking up into gooey eyes as he was cuddled close, the mates basking in the afterglow of their intimacy.

With the honor of being the king of all wolves, came the responsibility of an entire species.

Chan would constantly be up at night, fighting through sleep deprivation with a racing heart from caffeine intake. But he always thought it was worth it- to be able to spend the day with his precious stars.

Felix thought otherwise.

He wished the alpha wouldn't let grappling wolves throw him around like a rag doll, expecting the alpha to clean up their messes.

But Chan never saw it like that. He was simply helping like he was supposed to be.

The alpha was too selfless. Too ready to wear himself thin for anybody and everybody.

To Felix, his alpha, his mate was a relentless storm of love so pure, so fervent and merciless, Felix thinks he'd drown, suffocate if he were to ever be denied of such love.

And Chan was designed to please. To be selfless. Every bone in his body urged him to provide for others and whilst it made him a great king, an even better alpha and the perfect mate and father, it also meant he attracted many that felt inclined to be helped and satisfied selfishly.

However, Felix grew accustomed to Chan's incapability to ignore those that seeked help, even if it was at his own expense.

(The omega wouldn't be here, bonded to his soulmate with three beautiful pups and the strongest pack as his family if it weren't for Chan's desire to help.)

So he took it as his personal mission to remind the alpha of his limits.

He'd never stop him- of course not. The omega was yet to be announced Queen so truthfully, he had no right to tell Chan what to not do- not that he needed the title for his mate to listen to him.

So Felix simply made sure Chan put himself first.

Either by telling him straight to his face to take a break, or baking him treats and keeping him healthy with meals and drinks. Or bribing Chinhae to interrupt his overworking papa with De-a and He-a crawling after their older brother.

Their pups loved it- loved to slyly (it was never sly at all with their giggling) crawl through the ajar door of Chan's office and scare their papa and jump on him until the alpha held them all securely in his arms, squishing the three against him with a hearty chuckle.

They didn't have to know that the alpha hears them everytime, can sense their presence in the corridor outside his office as his wolf was so attuned to his pups.

Or (a shared favourite), Felix would sometimes offer himself as a distraction when work became too stressful (and if his body wasn't already sore from the rounds of sex they'd have beforehand).

As much as Chan was prepared to please others, Felix was ready to gratify Chan. To protect him whilst the older protected others.

"Channie? Talk to me please." He cupped the older's cheek, tracing the scar that ran down his blue eye.

"Do you mind? Me being the Alpha King I mean...does it...does it ever bother you?" His words were laced with trouble, a facade in place so that he could take Felix's nodding.