Act I - A Delightful Dance

[Author Notes]

Welcome to the latest instalment of Bounty Hunter!

I know, you don't need to scream at me, I left you at yet another cliffhanger and I can understand how agonising that is... but you're wrong if you think I'm going to stop anytime soon!

For convenience and consistency, I will be moving back to weekly updates; which will hopefully release on Saturday (for most audiences). - I don't wish to burn out writing this story and studying simultaneously is tedious at best and bringing you guys my best work is my top priority whenever I publish chapters!

As usual, thank you all for your persistent support and as always, reviews are welcomed as they help me improve as a writer.

Without further ado... Naidvar proudly presents to you...

A Delightful Dance

5 PM – Main Plaza – Valley of Peace...

A beautiful array of orange beams of sunlight settled gently on the rustling leaves of the nearby trees. A plaza stood before the Furious Five. Streets were filled with civilians, the marketplaces were bustling and filled with queues that could stretch into the night... but most importantly, these people funnelled into one gigantic gathering space.

Po had previously handed Tigress a note which told them to meet him nearby a local millers stall. However, Tigress alongside her comrades would be introduced to a realm of difficulty when following his obstructions for the marketplace was filled with millers that fit the description he had written perfectly.

Tigress huffed as she held out the note into the sunlight, hoping to make sense of some strange and hidden message possibly contained within the scrap of paper Po had provided her with. His description of the meeting point was vague but he had left a small sketch of a traditional residence that looked dull until held up to sunlight. The feline vigorously searched for clues and her eyes darted across the paper, hoping to find an answer. Unfortunately, she returned with nothing.

"What a way to arrange a meeting... bounty hunter," Tigress impatiently whispered under her breath as she wrapped the note around her finger and slid it into her pocket. "He says he wants to meet with us, yet we can't lay eyes on him... even if we tried!"

"Relax, sister! I'm sure you'll find him soon... after all, he is a bounty hunter and his life is under constant threat," Viper's comment immediately straightened Tigress's attitude as she realised the serpent's words carried a healthy serving of truth with them. "Your patience will pay off... you don't just train at the Jade Palace for a decade without picking up some of it. Besides, you have an excuse to be nervous!" Viper pointed her tail at the white qipao Tigress was wearing, lined with black and gold vines. Tigress allowed a growl to escape her muzzle as a warning for Viper, passively informing her that any more comments like that were unwelcome.

"The sketch looks like it's been drawn by a five-year-old with the literacy skills of a toddler!" Tigress further vented as she pulled out the note containing the sketch, pointing at it with her sharp claws whilst the Furious Five sighed.

"All of that time and you didn't consider the fact that he described a building we're literally standing a few stalls across from?" Crane face palmed via the use of his wing before pointing towards a building that vaguely matched the description Po had given them.

"Alright, let's not delay this further, we should move over there!" Mantis's voice echoed across the marketplace area of the plaza, prompting a few people to halt their activities and stare at the Furious Five before continuing their tasks.