Murky Past, Tainted Present

[Author's Notes]

Unfortunately, I come bearing a different type of message at the beginning of my chapter and It would be very generous of you all if you were to read what I need to address.

As of late, I haven't been enjoying writing this story, yet I've been enjoying tending to other works as well as my own private works based around my life and someone inside of my life. I've been thinking for roughly a month now about this decision and I've finally come to a conclusion... I do not want to continue updating this, and if I do, I will most likely make a lot of reforms to the plot. - Honestly, I probably would just leave it at that, but there can be things I can take away from this.

First of all, I thank you all profusely for the support you've displayed for this story. It takes an immense amount of patience to read through this, I'd know from the author's perspective, and every single comment you've left for me as helped me in one way or another.

Secondly, I have learned that my writing style favours a more consistent style of writing, and I'll tell you why right now! Originally, as you can tell by the earlier chapters, I had something in mind where Po would be this outlaw but he would also occasionally collaborate with the Jade Palace... Where we are now isn't where I intended to go originally. I originally wanted Po to go around China alongside the Furious Five whilst wrestling down other Bounty Hunters, essentially telling an alternate story of his youth and how he fell in love with Tigress. As indicative of the current place inside of our plot, none of this happened. At first, I welcomed this strange change, but I soon came to despise it when I went too far and couldn't veer off track. I've basically learned to stick to my guns.

Finally- well, not so finally as I have something else to say afterwards... I've been thinking about giving this story a second chance in the form of a reboot, something that'll truly glorify what I wanted to do with the original plot instead of what this became through many rushed decisions. I've not only learned to stick to my guns, I've also learned what patience and experimentation is. Fanfiction is something you write for fun and isn't an obligation, yet I made up a schedule based around this story and tried to stick to it... Which honestly caused more conflict than what it was worth as I began to write something and bend it into something I as an author wasn't satisfied with.

Mental health is important, no matter who you are or what you do, you are not invincible. If you are doing something you no longer enjoy, yet feel the obligation to stand up for an audience... You'd be better off sitting down. It's not worth trying to persevere and push forward when you as a creator do not enjoy writing a story the audience may like. Sure, I am going to feel quite bad for dropping this book, but it allows for a lot more expansion in the future and I hope you can forgive me for this decision. I write for the sake of passion and I was trying to live up to this hobby like it was a workload, thus why I think I enjoy writing "The Mountain of Misery" more than I do this book... I can just do my own thing and I'm actually sticking to my original planned plot LOL

Alright, I think I'm done rambling. I'm not going to leave you empty-handed or fruitless... This decision came when I was thinking about writing the 23rd chapter and I thought on it a lot more, that doesn't mean I'm giving up with just an author's note. This may have been a filler chapter originally but I hope it offers some backstory for the last OC I introduced and is generally a nice sendoff for the story. I wish I could've finished what I started but honour is not worth the sacrifice that is your own mental health and happiness. - This has been Naidvar, and it has been a pleasure bringing this story to you all. Now, without further ado, I proudly present this final send-off chapter to you!

Murky Past, Tainted Present

6 AM - Red Blossom Village - Liqu's Room...