Chapter 1

In this monster apocalyptic world, the only thing that I love while trying my best to survive is reading. I read different kinds of novels. 

Right now, I'm reading the story The Birth of a Hero. The novel circles around the main protagonist, Choi Han, and his comrades. 

I love this kind of fantasy novel since the story has an amazing plot twist. The characters have different personalities that suit their characters.

While reading the novel The Birth of a Hero, I started hearing the growling of monsters outside my house. I took my katana out of the scabbard and headed outside. The moment I got out; I saw a big pack of red wolves. 

Their teeth are as big as my hands. Their mouths are drooling after seeing me as their prey. The thing that I see the most right now is their leader or their Alpha.

"Motherfucker! Why would a Grade 1 monster started to come out right now? "

"Tsk, I need to finish this before night comes."

I breathed out before starting to run towards the pack of wolves. My main priority right now is the Alpha. I started slashing my katana at the wolves that were attacking me. 

These wolves are monsters known for their agility and poison. I started using my ability to slash down the wolves coming my way. I didn't know how long and how many wolves I would kill at the moment.

I didn't notice that the Alpha started coming after me. The moment I notice that the Alpha is running at me while slashing his hand, I use my katana to lessen the impact, but the Alpha continues his attack. The sharp nail cut through my right arm. 

At that moment, I could feel the intense pain of losing my right arm, blood coming out of the wound.

"Fuck!" 

I cursed out loud while trying to endure the pain of losing my arm. I take my katana that I dropped and use my left hand to hold my katana.

"Even if you cut my right arm, I can still use my left hand, you know. I'm ambidextrous by the way. " 

I smiled before rushing to the Alpha. The katana that I was using started to surround me with red smoke. The moment I was in front of the Alpha, I used the corpse of a wolf as a ladder and jumped.

I'm aiming for the crystal on the forehead of the Alpha. I started slashing the eyes of the Alpha to hinder his sight. My katana pierced through the Alpha's right eyes. 

Screaming through the pain, the Alpha started to thrash around and swing its claws, but it was too late. I used this opportunity to climb on its forehead and use my katana to piece the red crystal on its forehead.

The moment my katana got in contact with the crystal, the Alpha started to shriek. I trust the Katana deeper into the crystal. The shrieking started to lower down, and the body of the Alpha fell. 

I jumped down from the Alpha and used the tree as support when a surging pain started to pierce my body. I started coughing. I could see the pool of black blood on my hand. I started to look up to see a beautiful full moon in the sky.

"Hahahahaha, I can't believe it after 16 years of fighting in this apocalyptic world. The only thing that will kill me is my carelessness. "

I started walking to my home, not minding the blood dripping down my right arm and the pain from the poison. 

The moment I entered my room, I could see the novel that I was currently reading. I lay on my bed not minding the blood drenching the bed. The moment I laid down, I felt myself dying.

"I guess I still have a peaceful death."

Lee Ha-neul wakes up to the sight of a woman's face just a few inches above her. What happens next? I clearly remember dying in my bed after killing the wolves outside of my house. I tried to lift my hand but stopped when she felt that her body was not moving according to her will.

The woman looked at her before she looked away, shouting out for something in a language Lee Ha-neul was unfamiliar with.

Her eyes landed on her hands and were shocked when she saw a baby's hand.

Lee Ha-neul became a baby. With that realization seeping into her mind, I didn't know what to feel. Did I get reincarnated?