Chapter 2

I suddenly remembered how the world became infested with monsters. In early July, I was going home from my part-time job at a daycare center when the monster started to appear. Monsters with hideous appearances start eating people that they reach.

I can hear people shouting and running, but my mind seems not to register what's happening now. I woke up from my daydreaming when someone pushed me, and I was thrown to the ground.

I was pushed by the flock of people running from a hideous monster coming into our way. It was a monster around 6 feet tall.

It had the body of a snake and the head of a horse. The mouth was covered with blood and his hand was holding the bitten body of a man based on the clothes.

The monster looked at me with the eyes of a predator eyeing their prey and I suddenly felt a chill in my body.

My instinct told me to run, so without a doubt, I stood from where I was thrown and started running.

I could feel that the monster started running after me based on the sound, but I didn't look back.

I run and run without looking and just relying on my instinct that tells me to go to the path of my house without seeing a monster.

At that time, I was thankful that I was athletic. While running, I can see monster-eating people ranging from children, teenagers, and old people.

I want to help them, but what can I do? Even though I know how to fight, there is no way that I can fight without using a weapon.

I was close to the entrance of my house when I was blown away. I could feel my back against the wall.

Enduring the pain, I look up and see a monster with the body of an orc and ahead of a child.

Lee Ha-neul knows that she is in a dangerous situation. The monster in front of her started running and, without hesitation, she grabbed the thing that was close to her.

I took the crowbar that was laying around and rolled to the left when the monster was about to grab me. I swing the crowbar at the face of the monster.

The crowbar hits the eyes. The monster comes back out while holding his eyes.

I used this opportunity to run, but then when I turned left, a monster that looked like the first one that I encountered appeared.

The monster hissed at me and started coming closer. I turned back and was about to run when the monster with a child's face was in front of me.

Lee Ha-neul is on between the two monsters that were eyeing her like a delicious meal.

"If I only had a katana with me, I might have won, but with a serious injury."

I suddenly let go of the crowbar that I was holding when I felt like a sudden force inside me wanted to get out. I felt like there was a hand clenching my heart so hard that I felt like dying.

After a second, that feeling started to go away and when I looked at my right hand, I saw a Katana forming out of the thin air.

The katana's handguard is circular-shaped with a rose gold center and border-filled rose petals. The blade is colored light pink.

"I don't know where you came from, but let me use you for a minute."

Lee Ha-neul rushed to the monster with a horse's face. She used a run-down car to be her steppingstone and sliced half of the snake's tail. The monster shouted and started moving back.

"This is a good blade, honestly. It can slice this monster easily. Then there's a possibility that I could win against this monster. "

I could feel that the monster with a child's face started moving. I turned my body around and started running towards the monster. The monster was about to grab me when I jumped and used his arm to easily get to the nape of the monster.

"Here's go nothing," I said and sliced the head of the monster. I used all my strength just to separate the head from the body. Blood splatters on me, but I don't mind it and focus on slicing the head off.

When the monster falls. I looked at the monster with a horse-faced and I could see that it started to run away slowly since half of its tail was cut off. I stance myself, holding my katana as a spear and using my strength to strike the nape of the monster.

The katana pierced into the nape and, at the same time, the monster shrieked loudly before falling. I started walking towards the monster and took the katana away from the nape. Before walking away, I sliced the head off before going into my house.

"Kendra, are you still sleeping?"

Lee Ha-neul, also known as Kendra Viserion in this lifetime, The 7 years old child woke up from her sleep and saw a half-transparent woman. The woman that she sees after waking up in this body.

The woman has brown hair that is always in a ponytail, a warm gaze, and has a motherly aura around her. The woman's name is Beatrice Molan.

"No. I'm not. "

Beatrice lifts me up and, as a habit, I put my arms around her and placed my head on her shoulder.

"Why are you lying, Kendra? I clearly saw you sleeping in that tree. I really don't mind you sleeping, but not outside. Your skin is so sensitive that, once something unfamiliar touches your skin, it starts to read. "

Beatrice said while walking to our house. She was right about me having sensitive skin. But what can I do? This body was born to be very expensive. I might say that I was more expensive than the royals in each kingdom.

It's not my fault, Mama Beatrice. You and Mama Jour raised me to be expensive. From the moment I was born, I was wrapped in a very expensive-looking blanket and I drank very expensive milk. " I said while puffing my chicks at her. I could see her smiling at what I said.

"Hmmm... You are right about that. But what can we do? You deserve everything, Kendra. "

"Why is that?"

"Why? It's very obvious, Kendra. You are Kendra Viserion. The 20th dragon priestess in this whole world. "

"Hahahaha, that's why I like things that are shiny and beautiful. Well, I love being a Dragon Priestess since I can help dragons. "

"Being a Dragon Priestess is a good thing, you know. But Kendra always remembers that you are not only a Dragon Priestess, but you are also Kendra Viserion. You are yourself and nobody can change that, so do things that you want to do and, at the same time, do your duty as a Dragon Priestess. Were okay with that right? "

"Yup, I like that idea."