Prologue

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Unless otherwise indicated, all the names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents in this book are either the product of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

This story is not affiliated with ADMU/UP/DLSU and other universities/colleges mentioned in the story.

This also contains grammatical errors, typographical errors, trigger warnings, and strong language that may not be suitable for young readers. Read at your own risk.

***

It's raining.

My chest tightened as his face appeared in my mind.

It's been what? 5 years? 6 years? Years have passed but he's still in my mind and my heart. The rain also didn't help because it reminds me of him.

How he turned my hatred towards rain into something more memorable and intimate. How he made me love every bit of the rain drop by his touch and presence. How he made me feel warm despite the cold breeze the rain has brought. It was him and his existence that changed the way I see the rain.

Napapikit na lang ako and felt the slight wind that slowly swayed my hair. Sa pag pikit ko, I pictured his face on my mind. No matter how long the time progress, it's still him. Napadilat lang ako when I heard my phone rang.

Nathan calling...

"What?" I asked as soon as I answered the phone.

"Sis!" He laughed awkwardly. "Musta? Magaan naman ang trabaho?"

I rolled my eyes. "We just met yesterday. Why are you curious about that?"

I suddenly heard a different noise from the other line kaya I looked at my phone screen kung si Nathan pa ba ang kausap ko. It was inaudible but I heard him bickering with someone. 

"Rie..." My eyebrows met as I heard his voice. Mukhang kinakabahan na ewan.

"Ano nga?" I repeated. He took a deep sigh.

"Come to my office," he said.

"Why?"