Chapter 3

I've always hated rain.

As someone who's living in a tropical country, I know that hindi naman maiiwasan ang rainy season. It's such a hassle naman kasi, even with using umbrella, I can still get wet. Basa rin ang mga daan and shoes can get dirty because of the wet roads. There's much more reason to hate rain and my list goes on.

I was carefully walking kanina papunta rito sa school because I don't want my shoes to get dirty and stuff. I'm just wearing a simple pastel pink cardigan and high-waisted trousers. I didn't wear heels today since it started raining before I even got out of my condo. I just wore chunky shoes to still look tall. Though, I'm somewhat tall naman talaga compared to other ladies in my age.

We have a laboratory today kaya it's going to be a long day for us. Gabby stood near me when she saw that the prof became occupied to other students.

"You didn't had hang-over yesterday?" She whispered to me. I mentally laughed.

"Fuck you!" I cursed at her.

I got super drunk when we went to the club. I remembered how I almost prayed to God when I puked. The worst part is that Theo witnessed how I vomited that night. It's so embarrassing talaga! My God!

She laughed loudly which made other students look at our place. Buti na lang the prof is still busy and 'di napansin si Gabby. She smiled cutely to our classmates and quietly laughed again because she garnered attention. I just rolled my eyes.

"Where the hell did you go that night?"

She didn't attend our class yesterday. She already have a lot of absences nga this semester but it didn't exceed pa naman dun sa binigay ng prof namin. Some prof or courses kasi just gives a specific number of absents for that sem. She replied to my text yesterday that she can't even remove herself from her bed kaya absent siya.

"Of course, I got blessed with a vitamin D," she enthusiastically said.

My eyes widened. Lumandi pala kaya nawala! She even looks like in a good mood until now. Her hormones, dopamine and oxytocin, are maybe still high or whatever.

"So, are you saying that you left me because of a freaking eggplant?"

She quietly laughed again because of the term I used. Baka kasi may makarinig if I said the D word, we're in class. I just stared at her na grabe kung makatawa. After a few seconds, she stood up properly and removed some tears in her eyes. Yeah, she got teary-eyed from laughing.

"No. I came back to our table but you weren't there so I assumed nakahanap ka na nang kasama or someone brought you home," she explained, teasing me with the last line. I just rolled my eyes at her.

"Don't assume things next time," I said while smiling sarcastically.

"But, I saw your brother there kaya and my crush from SOSS is also there in their table. He looked super hot nga kagabi," she giggled. "And your brother is handsome rin, 'no? Should I include him in my list of crushes?"