Chapter 25

I was saved because my phone rang. It was a call. I answered it instantly when I saw that it was from one of our Residents.

"Yes?" I asked and faced the wall para I won't get distracted by Theo.

Even though his presence alone makes me feel a lot of emotions, not looking at him would be more tolerable. This is the first time I've seen him after that painful night of goodbyes. I still remember that night vividly kahit ilang taon na ang lumipas mula noon.

"Doc, nasa 9cm na po si Ma'am Pillar," he told me kaya nabaling ang attention ko sa call.

This is really my time to leave, I guess. I didn't even get to looked at him for that long but this saved me from embarrassing myself or something. 

"I'll be there to check," I stated and looked at my watch. "You should prepare for delivery," I added and hurriedly left the room. 

Hindi na ako nakapagpaalam sa kanila and instantly go to my office to change my clothes. I put my bag and cup of coffee down on the table. I removed my heels and replaced it with an OR shoes. I wore my scrubs also and went to the patient's room. 

The Resident filled me in with some details while I was gone. Kinausap ko pa ng kaunti 'yung patient to prepare her for the delivery. When her cervix became fully dilated, we moved her to the delivery room.

"Inhale... Hold... And push."

After a while, we heard the baby's cries.

"Baby out 10:35 am!"

"Congratulations, it's a baby boy!" I smiled kahit they won't see it kasi naka-mask.

I thanked the team for the successful delivery. After that, I proceeded to get back to my office. When I opened the door, I immediately saw the cup of coffee I bought earlier. I sighed. Happened a lot to me already kaya palaging hindi mainit na coffee na ang naiinom ko. Sayang naman kasi kung itatapon ko lang. 

I walked to my table and sit on my reclining chair. I think, I still have appointments today. I haven't eaten yet but I don't have time to eat na. I don't want my patients to keep waiting. Someone knocked on the door and it's one of the Resident with my assistant. 

"Doc, kakain po muna kayo?" My assistant asked but I shook my head.

"Let the first patient in." I gave her a small smile. 

She got out of the office to let them in. A mother and daughter whose a teen came in for a check-up. 

"Doc, she's been discharging blood po," the mother told me.

"Katulad po ba ng menstrual cycle or mas maraming blood doon?" I asked.

"I'm not sure po," the patient shyly said.