Chapter 33

It wasn't a proposal.

I don't know if I'm gonna be disappointed or sad. I mean, I thought he's gonna propose to me right at that moment but he just asked the question if I'm already ready for marriage.

He meant well, of course, he wants to know. Kahit naman ilang beses na namin 'yan napag-usapan nung kami pa, years have passed already. He just checked kung parehas pa rin ang gusto ko mangyare. I just expected ata and I can't help but to be sad. I suddenly felt a hand on my waist, pulling me closer.

"Galit ka ba?" He whispered in my ear. I shook my head and held his hand on my waist. My back is facing him and he intertwined our hands together. "Harap ka nga sa akin kung 'di ka galit." 

I chuckled and slowly moved my body to face him. He stared at me intently as if he's checking kung galit ba talaga ako or not. After a few seconds, I saw him smile and he kissed my lips.

"Let's sleep, mahal. I love you." I hugged him tightly and kissed his neck.

"Mahal din kita." That's the last thing I heard from him before I fell asleep.

Finally, we celebrated Christmas and New Year together again. The past years have been a little hard on holidays. I didn't go home kasi when I'm still a resident in the US. It's hard to go home because of duties and Philippines is far away kaya Mommy would just visit me during occasions. It's still different to celebrate holidays here in the country though.

I missed this.

"Paano mo na overcome 'yung phobia mo?" He suddenly asked while we were preparing to watch a movie together.

He just got back from the kitchen since kumuha siya ng popcorn and some cans of drink para may kainin kami while watching the movie. 

"I got a professional help in the US." I smiled at him then proceeded to look for a movie again. I felt his hand fixed the strands of my hair kaya I looked at him again.

"Buti naman may napagsasabihan ka roon." I nodded with a smile. "I'm so proud of you, mahal," he uttered.

"Thank you, love! You're one of the reasons why I am who I am today." I cupped his cheek and gave him a peck on the lips. "And I'm also proud of you, my Theoden Max."

When we broke up, he reminded me that I shouldn't bottle up my feelings. I thought of consulting a therapist during my 2nd year residency. It was also hard to live in fear and panic since I live alone in the US, without him, without my family. My biggest motivation was my support system and they weren't there kaya I decided to finally get the help I know I needed ever since Mom died. It also helped to lessen the guilt I was feeling but of course, it's still there until Dad and I cleared things up.

"Gagi kayong dalawa! Palaging may pa-surprise," Athena said while we're preparing the food for Theo's birthday.

"Pagbigyan na. Ang tagal nagkahiwalay," Savannah uttered. I chuckled.