Chapter 23

"Did you talk na?" Gabby asked after our last duty as a clerk. I shook my head, getting sad.

This is our first fight na talagang serious. I mean, we argue naman as a couple but it will only be a tampuhan or one of us gets jealous but it will be resolved with lambing agad. We don't fight for this long until that night happened.

It was my fault. I keep on giving a reason para hindi ko sa kaniya sabihin. I just don't know how to tell him. We already have plans. Theo was so happy talking about our marriage in the future. Hinihintay na lang namin na makapasa kami sa board exam and we'll start having a life of our own.

Everyone who knew already reminded me enough that I should tell him about it agad. I honestly got scared to tell him because hindi ko alam kung ano ang magiging reaction niya. I became a coward again. By prolonging that secret, I hurt him. 

"Babe," Gabby called me in a sad manner. I looked at her and smiled a little. "You're blaming yourself again, don't you?"

I sighed heavily. "Because it really is my fault. I did this to myself. I did this to Theo."

Gabby hugged me. "If we're going to be honest about this, your father is the reason for all of what's happening." 

I swallowed hard and I didn't get to reply. Gabby had been with me for a long time already. Kahit hindi naman ako friendly, I don't know how we became friends. I just found myself having her by my side at all times, sharing secrets to one another, taking care of each other, and just having each other's back everytime. She already knew everything about me.

"You need to unwind a little bit. Let's just celebrate the end of clerkship and drink," she suggested para mapagaan ang loob ko. She stood up properly and smiled at me sweetly para ma-convince ako na sumama but I shook my head.

"I appreciate your offer but I'll just sleep. The past few weeks had been hard for me," I honestly said. 

I don't get enough sleep these days with all the duty, thinking about Theo and how I could make up to him, and also because I'm always studying. Kahit din naman matulog ako, I'm still tired when I wake up. It's like I sleep tired and still I wake up tired. 

"Fine! Basta we'll drink tomorrow, ha. Kahit wine lang and in the condo lang," she insisted and I agreed na lang. "I'll celebrate na lang with the other clerks to the nearest RestoBar. Get some rest, babe," she added.

"Take care," I stated before leaving.

For now, I really want to freaking rest. I don't know if it will work right now na tapos na ang duty but still I need to sleep and take a rest. I got home in the condo and go to the bathroom agad to take a bath. I blow dried my hair and instantly fell asleep when I lay down in the bed.

I woke up and felt something heavy on my stomach. I opened my eyes and my heart started to beat rapidly when I saw Theo's hand in my stomach. I looked back at him and he's sleeping quietly beside me. I sighed. Parang gusto ko umiyak bigla and to release the heaviness of my heart when I saw him.