71- Bianca

June 18th, 1577

I'm Bianca De'Medici. I am known as the bastard of Cosimo, the mistress of the king, the widow of Ottavio or the sorrowful Duchess.

I've made many mistakes in life, but I don't regret them. No never. But how I wish I had done things differently.

I have committed sins, I have killed and I have hated men, I have lied and all for the love of a man.

The man I've loved for over 16 years. The man to whom I had been devoted, the man I had protected, The man whose children I bore.

But we've never been married. Instead, I had become his mistress.

No, I'm not saying I'm sorry. I loved Francis and he loved me and I thought we would be together for the rest of our lives.

I always told myself I would never be a mistress. But look what happened?

He was the king and he could have any woman, but no one would love him as much as I loved him, no woman in France could, And he knew.

~

I had given birth to four children, one whom God decided to bring to Himself, one who would become king, the other who was the prettiest maiden of the French court and one who was the sunshine in the room.

My children had been my life, the sign of the love I and Francis had for each other. Something that would keep us together for the rest of our life and death. Our children. our children who resembled him and resembled me.

and I had left them.

My children would grow up without their mother. They could never feel safe in my arms again. They would never kiss me good night again. I would never go out riding with Louis, dancing with Charlotte or sword fighting with Nicolas again.

~

I have only felt pain for the last months of my life. And I was happy to finally be dead.

When I will enter the gates of heaven I would be reunited with my mother, my father, my siblings and my little son.

I could finally rest.

I was finally free of my chains that bound me to my pain.

Finally.

this is the very last chapter of this book. I will write a sequel to this book and will indicate it in this book when it is online.

I'm going to tell you honestly. i had plans for this book, i wanted to make bianca a bad guy (which she kind of was) but i couldn't because i love her so much.

I empathized with her as if the book was about myself and chapter 70 left me literally crying. the book started when she was sixteen and ended when she was thirty.

anyway what did you think and who was your most loved and most hated character?