Chapter 1

Ocean Odega POV

Today is the day. The first day of senior year. The first thing I do when I awake is text James, my boyfriend, and June, my best friend, to electronically scream like a school girl having her first sleepover.

Ocean & James

Ocean: AHHHH ITS FINALLY SENIOR SEASON !!!

James: Calm down babe, I've never seen someone as excited for school as you are .

Ocean: I can't help it, I've been wanting to be a senior since the first day I walked into Conwood High. I feel like being a senior is the first stop of adulthood in my life, in our lives.

James: So babe, our anniversary is coming up again, have an idea of where you want to go ?

Ocean: You're the man, plan a date

James: Right , I'll figure something out.

Ocean: Okay bae, Gotta get dressed, I'll see you at school ?

James: Sure babe, see you later.

Ocean & June

Ocean: Bestie, it's senior season !!!

June: I know ! I'm excited for the year to be over with

Ocean: I am but I'm not, what colleges are you thinking about applying to ?

June: I'll probably just go to Cal Tech, my parents are alums and they say it's the best university in the country and since they're real estate agents and can afford it they're pretty much making me go, plus it's in the city.

Ocean: I was thinking the exact same thing ! You know my mom is an actress and my dad is a business owner so they want me at the best college I can get into and they say they don't care about tuition but I feel going out of state is entirely too much to deal with financially and mentally.

June: Yeah, same here, anyway I gotta get dressed I'll see you at school bestie

Ocean: See you there !

    Okay, what to wear, what to wear. I got it ! Orange tube top, black ripped jeans, and all white air forces, and I'll just define my curls. I'll just take one last look at myself in my full body mirror, put on my heart necklace, spray some perfume and head on downstairs.

......Downstairs......

Ocean Odega POV

    Hey Cameron ! ( Cameron's my older brother. He's 7 years older than me and my only sibling since neither of my parents had children before meeting each other, and they've been madly in love ever since so no funny business was going on, my brother Cam has been my blood bestie since I was born.)

Cameron: Hey Ocean, you just getting up loser ?

Ocean: No bean head I've been up for about 2 hours but you know how long my hair and showers take.

Cameron: Yeah I remember when I used to share a bathroom with you

Ocean: GOING TO SCHOOL !! Mom can you take me ?

Alaina: Sure honey take some toast and some juice at least and I'll take you.

Ocean: Fine mom I'll eat

......Conwood High School......

Bye mom !

Alaina: Bye sweetie, you have a good day at school.

Ocean: Alright mom, love you

Alaina: Love you more !

    I watch my mom drive away before I walk into school to find James and June. I walk into the double doors to find June waiting for me by the bathrooms. I greet her with an old school hug and rock and take in the air of finally being a senior, until I'm hit with a rush of nausea and I have to run into the bathroom before vomiting all over my friend. I rush into the furthest stall from the door and lock myself in, letting it all out. I hear June run in and try to open the door to see if I'm okay but I'm too busy puking to respond to her. (Good thing I always pack an extra toothbrush and toothpaste in case we have lunch with onions in it.) When I finally feel good enough to get up from the toilet, I unlock the door and see June staring at me with concern. We both look at each other confused on what just happened and why I just started getting sick out of nowhere, this is senior year and I'm already embarrassing myself, not to mention I have to brush my teeth in a school bathroom. I finish up what I had to do, refreshed my hair, brushed off my knees and we left the bathroom.