Chapter 8

Previously on 'When It Rains'..
Ocean finds out she is having TWINS !! She tells her best friend the news and mentions that she isn't upset about it. When her mother finds out she has some thoughts of her own, but she isn't upset about it either. Ocean decides to give James a visit in the hospital to tell him the news and proceeds to tell him a few things that have been on her mind. And now, on to chapter 8.
——————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

The next day Ocean wakes up from her slumber, remembering the events of the previous day. Twins, and a very hard one sided conversation that she can't get out of her brain with her baby father.
—————————————————————————————————————————-
Ocean Odega POV

     When I wake up I can't stop thinking about James. I'm so worried about him and I know that I should be mad at him but I'm just not, There I said it, I'm not. I don't want to be mad at him forever, especially if I have to take care of these children on my own. Maybe if I wasn't pregnant and he didn't fall over the rail, things would be different and I wouldn't feel bad for being in a petty argument but things are different now. All I want is to get a phone call from him telling me that he is alright. All I want is for him to walk through that door and give me a hug and tell me that he's sorry, not only for cheating but for leaving me for so long even if its only been a few days.

      I decided that I was going to go downstairs and make myself some breakfast. I threw on some clothes and went downstairs too ready for the food that wasn't yet done. I decided to make an omelet, because I never had one and it looked easy so I tried it. Long story short, it was NOT easy, but it was still good so that's all that matters. I called June to see if I could come over today because I knew I would be stuck at home bored with nothing to do and no one to talk to since my parents work almost every day and my brother does what he wants when he wants and it usually doesn't include me. Of course she said yes, so I packed my bags and hitched a ride with my mom right before she left out to go shoot a commercial or whatever she was doing.

     When I arrived to June's house, the first thing she did was go for my stomach. Me being 4 months pregnant, I always get belly rubs because I'm starting to show a lot.

June: Bestie i'm so happy you're having twins, that way I don't need to have a kid, you're having your kid and my kid !
Ocean: So, you're going to treat one better than the other is what I'm hearing !
June: Only my favorite. I'm kidding of course, so I seen you were at the hospital yesterday, are you okay ?
Ocean: Oh yeah, I'm fine, I went to tell James about the twins. I know he probably can't hear me and if he can he can't respond but I still felt the need to tell him. You know how I am.
June: Yeah I get it, I mean I'm team fuck James for life but I know you're in too big of a situation to understand how to feel right now.
Ocean: I mean I know how to feel June, I'm angry still of course but that doesn't remove 4 years of love that I had for him. We can be on whatever terms we want to be on but once one of us gets physically hurt the whole table changes and the love we once felt comes back because that's what love is, caring for someone unconditionally.
June: Wow Bestfriend, nice fucking poem. Anyways, do you want to watch a movie ?
Ocean: Sure, Horror ?
June: You know it !

     For the rest of the night me and June watched scary movies and then fell asleep in her theatre room.

————————————————————————
Ocean Odega POV

     It's been a month since James went into his coma. Everyday I feel like I'm replaying an old video on repeat. I wake up, get dressed, eat breakfast, go to school, come home. Repeat. My mom keeps telling me that I may be depressed. Maybe I am. I'm 5 months pregnant with twins and my children's father has yet to wake up ! I'm freaking out, I mean it's good that they didn't pull the plug or anything but at this point I'm not even mad at him anymore I just want my bestfriend back. I love June I really do she's my Bestfriend too but James gave me bestfriend love AND boyfriend love you can't get that from a platonic friendship. It's not about the sex though, it's about the connection. I could call James to talk shit about my English teacher or I could call him to ask his opinion on a new dress I just bought, it was such a diverse relationship I could talk to him about everything ! Going from 4 years of seeing Eachother and speaking to Eachother everyday to not being able to speak at all is way harder on my heart and my soul than I thought. I just hate feeling like this it fucking sucks man, It really does.
——————————————————————————————————————————————
Alaina Odega POV

I walked past Oceans room and noticed her sadness from the hall. I decided to go talk to her because if it's one thing I hate, it's when my kids are unhappy.
Alaina: Hey honey, how you doing ?
Ocean: To be honest, I think you may be right when you said I'm depressed. I mean what am I going to do without James if he doesn't make it through this ? He's all I've ever known and now I'm having not one but two babies and he's not here to share this moment with me. What if he never wakes up ? I don't know what I'm going to do.
Alaina: Well baby, I don't know how I can help because I can't understand how you feel. I know it's so hard to be going through all of this but I want you to always know that you are never alone, at any time ! You have me and your dad, Cam and June, and even Jemerson and Janie. You will never be alone no matter what.
Ocean: Thanks Mom, I love you.
Alaina: I love you !
—————————————————————————————————————————————