Chapter 15

The Elite team had gathered together in Chao's office after finishing their breakfast. Everyone waited for Sale to join them for breakfast, but started when Laszlo informed them that the commander was in the training room mercilessly slashing dummies. No one dared to disturb the commander. Zale was an easy-going person, but when he was in commander mode, no one would get away from his hawk-like eyes.

While the rest of the team finished breakfast and were nervously waiting for their commander, Zale entered the office with his hood covering his face. Everyone sat up straight in positions, while the commander sat down in front of Chaos.

"It is big, there are continuous attacks, and it's Gaia Kronos and Atlas together; be careful," Chaos started, his voice filled with urgency. "We have received reports of increased enemy activity in the area. It seems that Gaia Kronos and Atlas have joined forces, posing a significant threat to our mission. We need to stay alert and prepared for anything." The team exchanged worried looks as they realised the scale of the situation.

"We are ready; what should we do?" Ìoras said

Chaos nodded. "You will always have your hoods up. Unless you have the absolute need to, no one will reveal their identity until you feel the need to, do your best, and if they behave disrespectfully, you have the full authority to command respect from them," the last words pointed towards Zale. The commander nodded and turned towards Laszlo.

"Keep the soldiers ready. I want two fully trained groups ready as a backup. Even if you are ready, we don't know what else we are facing there." Laszlo nodded

"See you in two days, Zaley." Laszlo grinned as the commander groaned, his lips twisting up into a gentle smile, lighting up the room.

"We need to leave, Zale," his second in command suggested, nodding his head as the team stood up. The Creator clapped his hands, and the portal appeared with one last look at his friend and a nod towards his members. One by one, they entered the portal.

Camp half-blood

The morning was filled with mummers as the campers continued to patrol the camp borders, changing shifts. They were on high alert, knowing that, with the continual threats they faced, they could never be too careful. Footsteps rang around the camp as the campers stood on guard, ready to protect their home at any moment.

Travis was changing his position on the shore when a black hole started to appear out of thin air. Hurrying down, tripping on his feet, he blew the conch, warning others. The sound of the conch echoed around the camp, drawing attention from all directions. Panic flooded the air as they rushed towards Travis, weapons drawn. A black hole forming in their camp could only imply one thing: a coming attack from an unknown enemy.

The black hole was getting bigger and bigger as the campers began to surround it from all sides, ready to fight. Chiron was ready with his bow and arrows standing to his full height, while Dionysus looked as bored as ever, but his stance was careful in his position to attack. Soon the portal was open, and hooded figures started to come out. The first figure that came out wore a dark navy blue hood covering his face. He was followed by six other people with hoods, and one had the same black hood as the rest but with blue lining, the same as the one standing in the middle. The campers looked like they were ready to pounce on the newcomers.

"Weapons down, we are no threat," Zale said, his voice commanding, which he normally uses on the soldiers. The campers paused, with their weapons still raised in readiness. Zale's authoritative tone had little effect on their determination to attack. The campers paused, their weapons still drawn, unsure whether to believe Zale's statements. Zale took a slow step forward, his palms outstretched in a peace sign, seeking to calm them down and prove his sincerity.