Chapter 9

Percy felt someone standing over him and shaking him, and his demigod senses instantly kicked in, his hand going beneath the pillow in search of Riptide. Sitting up abruptly, he shoved the face looming above him with all his effort, scanning the area for any threat. When his hand returned empty from beneath his pillow, he realised he was in Chaos's palace, where there was no danger and no Riptide except for a man with flaming red hair, Onyx eyes, and a black complexion smiling back at him with a wide smile. The man nodded and continued, "Lord Chaos would like to meet you for breakfast; you should get fresh. I will wait for you here and then take you to chaos."

Percy hesitated for a moment, staring at the man for a second before he made his way towards the opposite side of the room and inside the bathroom, doing his normal morning routine, and then following the redhead to take him to Chaos. As Percy finished his morning routine, he couldn't help but feel a mix of excitement and curiosity about meeting Lord Chaos. With each step he took towards the redhead waiting for him, his anticipation grew. Little did he know that this encounter would change the course of his life forever.

On the walk to meet the Creator, Percy learned that Redhead's name was 'Laszlo' and he was from the planet called 'Balthis', and he is a trainer for the army. When they reached the door to Chaos, Percy was surprised to find him sitting in a small room. There was nothing grand like the rest of the palace; it was cosy and warm. He nodded at them and told them to sit down and start the breakfast. Chaos started a conversation, asking Percy about his night and if he felt comfortable. After a few minutes of munching on sandwiches and taking sips of juice, which looked weird but tasted good, chaos started.

"Sorry for the breakfast in the office and not in the dining room, but I really needed to complete the paperwork for soldiers, which I had been ignoring for the last five days." Percy gave a small smile, his eyes still distant. Soon they had finished their breakfast, and the table was cleared.

Clearing his throat, Chaos asked, "I think you both have introduced yourselves to each other?" When two heads nodded, he turned to Percy and continued, "You took up on my offer, so now, as my commander and my assassin, you will be training with me and Laszlo. I've seen you fight and use strategies. Perseus, I know I made the right choice." Percy nodded his head, agreeing with Chaos, but he asked, "I agree with all of this, but where do I stand in this? I mean, what do I do?"

"Ah yes, as a commander, you will be commanding my army into war or any difficult situation, and as my assassin, you will go on quests and kill the people I tell you too." At the killing part, Percy's eyes widened as if he understood his mistake. Chaos rushed out his explanation: "The assassination will only be of monsters or anyone who is a threat to us or people." Percy let out a relieved sigh, while Laszlo patted his arm. Laszlo reassured Percy, "Rest assured, your role as an assassin will be to protect and defend our cause, ensuring the safety of our people. It is a necessary task in times of war and conflict." Percy nodded, grateful for the clarification, ready to fulfil his duties with a newfound sense of purpose.

"Now back to discussing important matters," Chaos stated, getting the two boys' attention in his office by clapping his hands and putting on a serious expression. "Percy Today, Laszlo will give you a tour of the palace. After that, we will search the armoury for the ideal weapon of your choosing, and the most crucial part will be your presentation to the army as their commander. Now, keep in mind that my army hasn't had a commander in decades, so they may seem intimidating at first. They required a commander; previously, it was me who issued the commands. And your assassin work will only be finished when necessary," Chaos concluded with a grin. Percy nodded, taking in Chaos's instructions. He understood the weight of the task ahead of him—not only did he have to choose the perfect weapon, but he also had to earn the respect and trust of an army that had been without a commander for years. The pressure was sky high, but Percy was determined to prove himself worthy of the role.