Chapter 13

The members of the Elite team were enjoying their breakfast at the table while talking amongst themselves. It has been nearly two years since they joined the Elite team. They had been through rigorous training that made them want to quit. Each member understood that being a part of the Elite team meant pushing themselves to their limits and exceeding their own expectations.

Their hard work and tenacity had paid off, and they had grown into a powerful force in what they did. This was their second opportunity, and they weren't going down without a fight.

Both the commander and the second in command were nightmares on the field; they had seen it with their own eyes while they were on missions and absolute terrors during training; otherwise, they were friendly to talk to, but they still did not know who was hiding under the navy blue hood. In these one and a half years, they had been on a total of nine missions, which gave them good experience being on the field.

In the other room, Laszlo and Zale were sitting in Chaos's office, discussing choosing the second in command. Both Zoé and Luke are good," Laszlo stated. "They will fight well, but we need only one in the position for the command."

"We can take a surprise test and see who is the best." Frowning at Chaos's choice of words, Zale turned towards his fiery head friend, who had now promoted himself as his best friend. He asked, "Are you sure you don't want the position?"

Chaos sighed, while Laszlo nodded.

"I will always be by your side while fighting, but not in the position, and I already have a position in the army." Zale bowed his head. He had slowly but surely learned to trust everyone on the team, including Luke, but he was still a little cautious.

"Okay, then I have asked them to be in the training room, so let's go and give this a go," and both the warriors stood up, ready to leave.

"Let's go take a 'surprise test'." Laszlo said, grinning, making finger quotations at the surprise test while looking at Chaos, who waved at them dismissively while Zale snorted a laugh, shaking his head, and both walked out of the door after pulling up the hoods above their heads. Laszlo couldn't help but feel a rush of excitement as they approached the training room. He recognised that this unexpected task would test their abilities and enhance their bond as a team. His uncertainty lessened with each step, replaced by a growing faith in his fellow warriors.

Inside the training room, six black-hooded figures were already standing, talking amongst themselves. Both the trainer and the commander walked towards them and stood in front of the team, silencing them.

Zale announced "Íoras and Astéri in positions."
They'd gotten their code names the next morning, on their first day of instruction, in the same training room where they now stood. The members of the team took their assigned positions, ready to begin their task. As they prepared to demonstrate their abilities and prove themselves worthy of their code names, the mood in the room became filled with anticipation. The air was thick with tension as the team members adjusted their gear, their focus unwavering. The commander's stern gaze remained on each member, a quiet reminder of the great expectations that hung over them. The room fell silent with a nod from the trainer, signifying the start of their task.

Luke was Íoras, meaning hero.

Charles was Fotiá, meaning fire.

Selena was Drakon.

Zoé was Astéri, meaning star.

Bianca was Skiá, meaning shadow, and

Lee was Vélos, meaning arrow.

A very few days later, they had noticed that all of their code names were somehow related to their deaths, like Luke, who wanted to be a 'hero'; Charles died due to the explosion of Greek 'fire' in the ship; Selena was killed due to Drakon, hence her name Drakon; Zoé was killed and she became a 'star''; Bianca was killed by the automation in the darkness of the night, giving her the name 'shadow' and lastly, Lee was killed in the war by giants but gave him the name 'vélos' as most of the Apollo kids used arrows.