Chapter 2

It has been two days and that malevolent feeling is still there. I wonder what is causing those unsettling feelings to arouse within me ever since I visited the library on Wednesday.

"Girl, you have been staring at that book for the past two hours!", Leila remarked.

"Well what do you suggest I do, because those unsettling feelings are eating my insides!" I retorted back.

"I suggest that you should open that book and see what lies within it.", Leila suggested.

"But I fear something terrible is going to happen and that fear is growing intensely!", I exclaimed.

"Well you can't just sit idle and expect your answers to be handed to you on a silver platter, now can you!" Leila said encouragingly.

"I fully agree with you on that" Shahid said supportively as he entered with a large box of pepperoni pizza and a bottle of Coke.

"What on earth took you so long to arrive?", I asked him.

After begging my parents for the umpteenth time they finally agreed on allowing Shahid and Leila to come for a sleepover but even with that I have to obey to certain conditions. Conditions that every Muslim family dishes out to their daughter when there is a male friend that is going to visit whether it is her friend or her siblings.

"Well what do you think took me so long, when there is a Circus Carnival in town?", Shahid asked as if we were oblivious of what is happening in town.

"Oh yeah the Circus Carnival, that completely slipped out of our minds!" Leila said as the thought of the Carnival settled within her.

"So what are we gonna do on this fine Friday night?", Shahid asked with a smug look.

"Let's play true or dare!", Leila immediately responded back.

"Oh boy, I hope this doesn't go the way I think it will!", I thought to myself. Whenever we play truth or dare Shahid always makes Leila or I do something weird that often results in a huge embarassment.

"Bingo!", Shahid immediately exclaimed.

"Ok then bring that food here so that we can eat while we are playing this game.", I ordered them.

Leila poured Coke for all of us so that we can use the half empty bottle to spin. After we all settled down on my blue fluffy rug, we began the game. Leila was the first to spin the bottle and as the bottle slowed down it landed on Shahid.

"True or dare?", I asked him.

"True!", He immediately chose trying to play it safe.

"Ok, then why is it that you constantly call me sis, not that I mind you calling me that but you never call Leila that?", I asked him.

"Well, do you remember that incident that happened with my parents and you defend me...", He started with.

"Mhmm...", I said as I recalled the incident.

"I always wished for a sister but never got one till that day when you defend me as if you were my sister, so from there on I started respecting and seeing you as my sister. Hence I mostly call you sis.", He finished of with.

"Awww...", Both Leila and I reacted with.

"But what about me?", Leila asked.

"Well, that's another story for later...", Shahid trailed off with a sheepish look.

He spinned the bottle while taking a bite of his slice of pizza. Unfortunately the bottle had to land on me and they both quirked with excitement.

"True or dare?", Leila asked this time.

"Dare!", I chose boldly.

"Hmm, I dare you to open that book you found in the library and read the first page!" Leila ordered me.

Oh boy, why did I have to be that bold, now look what I got myself into. She is making me do something that I haven't braved myself to do for the past two days.

"Okay...", I said as I gulped while glancing at the book.

I quickly got the book and set down to continue with Leila's ridiculous dare.

"The Legend of Angels and Jinns." I recited the title of the book.

As I opened the book a blinding white light escaped from it causing me to surrender to the darkness of my mind. Before I completely drifted away I remembered the three of us being stirred away to Allah knows where.

____________________________________

Hi guys

Cliffhanger!! What do you think about Shahid's reaction when he was asked about Leila? Where do you think that blinding light might have stirred these three friends to?

Sam
❤️❤️

                                *****