Chapter 14

Commander Damien's POV

As we continued our journey to the royal castle, Ayanna had been walking a bit ahead of us swirled within her own curiosity. Not much later I noticed that she had stopped walking and at seeing as to why she had stopped every fibre within me aroused with anger and hatred.

There he stood with a dark gloom encircling him and a sinister smirk plastered on his face. On seeing that I felt a sudden wave of protectiveness towards Ayanna and within split seconds I had her backed away behind me. Oh in the name of Angelea what is this great fondness and protectiveness that I feel towards Ayanna. Could this be my feelings of love towards her however before I could continue with my train of thoughts I was interrupted by Gythes' menacing voice. Yes Gythe the very one that had captured Ayanna and her friends nevertheless why is he here? Has he been following us?

"Well, well, if it isn't Commander Damien protecting the damsel in distress." Gythe seethes with sarcasm lacing his words.

"Watch your tongue Gythe! This is between you and I, there is no need to involve a mere human who does not even have the slightest knowledge of her own existence." I roar out with fume brewing within me.

Unfortunately yes, there is some history between Gythe and I but that is a discussion for a much later time. How dare he call her a damsel in distress, Ayanna is much powerful than she seems to showcase although that is not her fault as she is still unaware of her true self. She is no mere human and I can feel the power scorching through her nonetheless I had to state the opposite to get Gythe of her back. Ayanna is special unlike no other.

"Oh Damien, you and I are both aware that she is no mere human. There is certainly something special about her and I will surely get to the bottom of it." Gythe states with slyness spewing along with his words.

"Have I not warned you to let her be. Nevertheless to what have I been graced with your presence?", I enquire as Gythes' presence irks me even more.

"Too much naiveness is beyond stupidity, Damien, or is it that you have forgotten your originality?", Gythe remarks attempting to fuel my anger.

What originality is Gythe speaking off ? I am an Angel and that too a commander unless he is speaking of the change... No, that cannot be possible I am sure there is still many moons left for that unless I am wrong. No, I will not let this happen, I am Damien Salvador Commander of the Royal Warrior Angels! I need to regain myself and let Gythe know who I am.

"I am very well aware of my originality, I am Damien Salvador the fourth, Commander of the Royal Warrior Angels!", I boomed getting furious by the minute.

"An Angel, is that what you want to become?", Gythe yet again questions my originality as though I am not an Angel but rather a different species.

"I am already an Angel what more is there to be?" I counter back not yet coming to terms with what might lay ahead of me.

"What about your other half? Have you remarkably forgotten your originality to such an extent that you no longer embrace it?", Gythe further questions accusing my existence. It seems that my assumptions have been correct.

"Aah, my other half! A darkness that is bound to me to such an extent that it even lingers within the shadows.", I state as more realisation dawns upon me.

"Yes the very darkness, be warned it is awaiting your arrival! There is not many moons left. You can either embrace your originality or lose your existence. It is up to you now, choose wisely.", Gythe informs me however before I could even further question him about it he had already vanished into a black smoke.

It seems I have been wronged. I do not have many moons left but precisely how many moons do I have. I need to get Ayanna and her friends along with Luke to the Royal Castle as early as possible. I cannot let them witness this change or else their faith in me shall be lost forever. Oh in the name of Angelea guide me along what is righteous and protect me from the evilness of which I shall be encased in.

______________________________________

Hi guys

My my, what a plot twist have we here. It seems Commander Damien is also not who we think he is, however he sure does have some feelings brewing within him towards Ayanna. What is this so called change he is speaking off and what will be the consequences of it? How does Commander Damien know Gythe and what history do they share? Will the belief that Commander Damien has in Angelea show him the right path? Yet again we have been struck by too many questions with no answers to them. Let's wait and watch how the mysteries of these to character unfold. Till next folks.

Sam
❤️❤️

*****