Chapter 11

Commander Damien's POV

After seeing Ayanna's appearance in Thirío I was left astonished with millennium questions brewing a storm in my head as to how she is an Angel. Ever since I laid my eyes on her in the Zehraal Forest where she had saved my life, I had a feeling that she was different from her friends but I never expected this. How can a human that does not even belong to my world turn out as one but then again we are still not sure if she even is one. In fact even after being so close to the Royal Family for so many years and being the Commander of the Royal Warrior Angels, I am unable to decipher if a human is an Angel. I am unable to tell if this creature is a part of my people or not but at the same time I can tell if one is an Angel or a Jinn within seconds. I believe I have no option but to let time show case the truth unless Ayanna is She. She who my eyes have only witnessed being mentioned in a prophecy that lies in the most sacred place of the Royal Castle in Neráides. The prophecy which states:

LOST IS SHE IN THE DEPTHS OF THE UNKNOWN WORLDS

WHO SHALL RETURN TO CLAIM WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY HERS

BONDING SOULS TOGETHER WITH THE STRENGTH OF BOTH KINDS

IS SHE WHO SHALL RULE OVER EVIL AND GOOD

This very prophecy got me thinking if Ayanna is She who is being mentioned off. I have been trying to connect Ayanna with this unknown yet familiar prophecy that I myself don't believe in, is true. Since the day I was asked to see this unforetold prophecy by the King of Neráides I have been prying for it's meaning and significance. But unfortunately I have not succeed in doing so till date. Oh in the name of Angelea what dilemma have I been dragged into! "Angelea", and with that I feel myself slowly bit by bit surrendering to the darkness that I dread will one day be my worst outcome.

*****

I was awoken by the warm rays of sunshine seeping through the forest telling me that it's the break of dawn. Once I was rid of any remaining sleep in me I noticed that the rest of them were still sleeping soundlessly except for Luke who was sitting under a tree looking as though he was in some kind of a deep thought. I stood up to head towards him but before I could even reach him he looked in my direction acknowledging my presence. After sometime of talking with Luke we decided to go and wake the others up since it's not safe staying here. Luke woke Leila up and I did the same to Shahid and thereafter Luke told Leila to wake Ayanna up who didn't budge for a good couple of minutes. By the time we were all awake and ready to leave it was already past sunrise.

*****

We were walking in silence with Luke besides me and Leila, Shahid and Ayanna ahead of us until I heard Ayanna shouting "Group Hug". They were all embracing each other and when they separated and saw the confusion plastered on both Luke and my face I was intrigued in what happened but since I had no clue of what all that was I only said "Just continue walking." They all gave a sheepish look and turned around to continue walking.

After some time I heard Ayanna asking "What's that it looks like a face of a person was carved into it" while pointing to a tree and moving towards it. Once I registered what she was pointing towards it didn't even take me a second to figure out what it was but perhaps in her eyes I was already too late.

"Wait, don't touch tthhaatt...."

Before I could even finish that sentence she was already in front of the Ent. Ents are tree monsters who dislike being awoken from their sleep. They are very sensitive creatures but lack the skill of hearing things. They feel and observe what is around them.
Although they are extremely patient and a cautious race but waking an Ent from it's sleep is a sight one wouldn't even imagine being in.

I saw Ayanna stroking her hand on the surface of the Ent's bark and before she could continue with her actions I immediately stopped her but what happened next made me feel rooted in my position. I saw the Ent opening its eyes and blinking a couple of times to adjust its eyes to the light.

"Who dared to awake Treebeard the Oldest Ent of Ents that exist from it's slumber?", It asked in a loud roaring tone.

"It was I and I apologize for doing so..."

______________________________________

Hi guys

At last we have something that is not from Ayanna's POV. Wow, what a twist have we here! Well what do you think about Damien's thoughts and the prophecy? Do you think Ayanna is she who is being mentioned off? What darkness is Damien speaking of that will one day be his worst outcome? What do you think of the Ent and what can you predict will happen next? Till next time folks!

Sam
❤️❤️

*****