Chapter 9

Bbbbboooooommmm.

Just as I thought that I was completely drowned within the depths of my brain searching for clues and answers I was brought back to reality by a loud bang. This caused me to wonder who or what it could be completely distracting me from what Gythe said.
I moved my gaze from the floor of the dungeon towards where the bang came from and while doing so I got a glimpse of Gythe's flustered face. This caused me to flinch away since his features were already frightening me due to those black veins and his black eyes.

"Ayanna are you there?", Asked someone whose voice felt oddly familiar.

"Ayanna, Ayanna, is anyone there?", The same person asked again but this time I was able to recognise who it was.

Commander Damien, is he here to rescue me? Where is the others? Are they save? I was about to reply to Commander Damien but before I could Gythe covered my mouth with his hand in an attempt of stopping me from uttering anything. Unfortunately he was not able to succeed as I kicked him where the sun doesn't shine causing him to groan in pain. It's funny how people always mistaken me as someone weak!

"Commander Damien, I'm over here just follow the glow of light!", I screamed at the top of my lungs so that he would be able to hear me.

"Ayanna is that you that is glowing?", He asked being astonished at my new appearance.

"Yes, it's me please be careful there is a Jinn over here!", I replied to him.

Commander Damien was able to reach me safely without being noticed by anyone else. He hit Gythe on his neck causing him to fall unconscious and put some kind of a spell on him so that he doesn't become an obstacle in our path. With that Commander Damien quickly opened the dungeon freeing me from it's dreadful confinements. We stealthily left the dungeon so that we don't get caught by another Jinn.

"Where is Shahid, Leila and Luke?", I asked him since I didn't see any of them with him.

"They are safely waiting for us outside the castle and before you start worrying again they are absolutely fine.", He said in a stern voice as though he was regretting us ever meeting in the Zehraal Forest.

"What about Leila, she was brutally injured?", I asked him even though he just told me not to worry about them but how can I not.

They are my friends and the only family I have in this unknown realm which I guess I am now a part of after what Gythe disclosed to me. On remembering Gythe's words I looked at Commander Damien and realized that he was not glowing. This made me curious as to why he was not glowing but then again Gythe could have been messing with my mind, so I decided to ask him about it later when we get to the others.

"Leila is doing fine, Luke has healed her with his powers.", He informed me with a hush tone.

*****

"Ayanna, Commander Damien, is that you guys?", I heard Shahid asking as though he was expecting us to show up sooner or later.

"Yes, it's us.", I replied to him in a hush tone, still feeling scared that some Jinn will come and capture us again.

On hearing that and seeing us, Shahid and Leila immediately ran and glomped me causing me to lose my balance and fall to the ground. Luke also appeared with his mouth open being absolutely surprised at my appearance since both of us were glowing.

"You are an Angel?", He asked still being in a state of shock.

"I-I g-guess I am one now. I-I don't know!", I replied to him staggeringly since I, myself wasn't aware of it until Gythe explained.

"H-how is that p-possible? You are from the human realm than how?", He asked as though he was not ready to believe what his eyes were showing him.

"I don't know! I also found out about it a while ago from Gythe and I'm still trying to process all that has just happened.", I said as I broke out into tears.

"Who is Gythe?", Commander Damien asked demandingly.

"He was the Jinn that you knocked out in the dungeon.", I told him while I was still crying.

Leila immediately came to my side and hugged me trying to somehow comfort me. Speaking of Commander Damien I remembered that I had to ask him why he is not glowing like Luke and I so I looked at him and braced myself to ask him.

"Commander Damien you are an Angel too but how is it that you are not glowing like Luke and I?", I asked him in an attempt that he might have a reason to it.

"I am a Commander of the Royal Warriors for a reason. I have been trained to hide my glow for such purposes since we Angels know it is one of our biggest weaknesses.", He informed us but I don't know why I felt as though he was somehow lying and hiding something from us.

"Okay!", Is all I could say since I was extremely exhausted from what happened to us earlier and all the information I had to process.

"We are still in the territory of the Jinns we need to leave Thirío as soon as possible or else we could be captured again.", Luke said with worry lacing his words.

We all agreed with him and with that we started to head out in to the unknown once again praying that we don't get anymore obstacles in our way.

______________________________________

Hi guys

It's my Birthday today so I decided to do an early update.

Ayanna has managed to escape from the claws of Gythe with the help of Commander Damien and has reunited with her friends. It seems that Gythe's words were true after all of her being an Angel but how? Well, that's still an unsolved mystery! Do you think Commander Damien is hiding something about his identity? Ayanna and her friends sure have started to head out of Thirío praying that they don't face anymore obstacles in their way but little do they know that this is just the beginning. Till next time folks.

Sam
❤️❤️

*****