Sweet And Loving

––––unedited––––

After that night, Gia tried her damn hardest to forget what she and Bucky did or almost did and concentrate on her upcoming date with Loki.

Gia hopped into the shower and tried to let the whole Bucky stress wash away as the hot water ran over her skin. Gia just stood in the shower for a few moments enjoying the hot water before deciding it was time to wash her hair with one of her favourite shampoo and conditioner sets.

Lathering up the shower poof, Gia grazed over her skin making sure to clean every square inch she could. Applying some conditioner to her legs, Gia used her razor to remove any stubble hair that had grown over the past few days, the conditioner helping to reduce razor bumps and lumps.

Gia repeated this same process with the hair under her arms before rinsing her whole body to rid the soap suds. Gia stepped out of the shower and wrapped the navy blue bath sheet around her before completing her skin care routine.

Gia dried her body and applied moisturiser all over before slipping on her dressing gown and heading upstairs to dry her hair and apply her makeup. She sat at her desk by the window and started pulling out all of the tools and items she is going to need, plugging in her hair dryer.

Although Gia was excited to be going on her date with Loki she just couldn't stop that submissive voice in her head begging her to go back to Bucky and let him ruin her in all kinds of ways. It doesn't take long for her to dry her hair, Gia decoding for a change to curl her hair instead of straightening it.

After a few attempts she settled on her loose curls and began to apply her foundation and mascara. The butterflies were getting stronger and stronger in her stomach as she finished up with her simple makeup look.

Gia made her way to her wardrobe and pondered over a few outfit choices before deciding on a pair of light denim jeans and a teal off the shoulder top. She slipped on a pair of white trainers and grabbed her phone, keys and purse, making sure she had enough time to say goodbye to Henry.

Just as her hand was about to pull open the door, a loud knock sounded from the other side. Cautiously, Gia opened the door and was met by the dashingly handsome Loki, his hands in his pockets as he spun round, his eyes trying to take in every little detail about the gorgeous woman stood in front of him.

"Gia, darling you look absolutely breathtaking, are you ready to go!?" his playful smile was infectious to her. "Please lead the way" she smiled back as he opened the passenger side of his car door for her.

The drive was smooth and the car was filled with laugher with hints of flirtation. "I have a question for you. Where are we going?" the smile was bright as Gia tried to gather information from.

The scenery outside the car window, all but trees and mountains could be seen. Gia could hear Loki chuckle before he placed his hand onto her leg, above her knee.

"If you look just through those trees up ahead you might be able to see darling" his voice sounding cheerful and happy.

Gia looked where Loki had said and could see flashing bright coloured lights. It was the most cliché date she had ever been on but somehow it suited him. "The funfair? You're taking us to the carnival that's in town, are you serious?"

Gia gasped as she became giddy in her seat, suddenly excited to go on the plethora of rides and booths. Loki glanced at Gia and smiled bright as he nodded his head, signalling to turn off at the upcoming turning.

Loki pulled the car into a parking space before hoping out, making his way over to her door, extending his hand for her to take. Gia smiled and placed her hand into his, using him to help her from the car.

Gia and Loki both walked towards the rides, arms hooked together. Gia pulled Loki towards one of the stand alone booths which had 'Hook a Duck'.

The attendant had taken two tokens from Loki and handed them each a long stick with a hook at the end, the aim of the game was to hook onto any of the ducks that were floating on water. Whatever the price or number on the bottom of the rubber duck would be yours.

Loki nudged Gia as she tried to hook her first duck, his smile so big she could see his teeth, a smile that made her own lips form one back. Gia hip bumped Loki just as he had a duck on his hook, causing the plastic dusk to fall from the hook.

Gias eyes had tears forming at the corners as she laughed at his expense. Loki laughed along with her as they both successfully hooked a duck each, Gia turning and jumping into Loki's arms.

Loki laughed a hearty laugh while spinning her around. The attendant checked the bottom of both the ducks and handed the pair a small cuddly toy each. It had been awhile since she had laughed like that and for once Gia was having a really nice time.

"Should we go and get some doughnuts? They sell them in this stall just around the corner and I swear they are the best thing since sliced bread!" Gia hadn't noticed this side to Loki but it's refreshing and makes her feel amolst like a young girl again.

"When I was younger my brother and I used to sneak away from our parents and would make our way to the fairground. We would always sneak onto the rides without paying our tokens or we would try and jump ahead of the line to get in faster. My brother would make a distraction while I would try and take other people's tokens. After we had almost thrown up with all of the rides we had been on we would always get a bag of doughnuts to share and sit on the rocks, watching people mill around."

Loki smiled at the memory and opened the bag of warm fried goods in his hand, offering the bag to Gia as he took one out and took a bite. Gia smiled at him as she followed his actions, her eyes closing as the warm fried sugary treat touched her tongue.

Loki and Gia walked along the path back towards the car with each of their stuffed toy under their arm. Loki opened the car door for Gia before rounding the back of the vehicle and slipping into the drivers side.

Gia turned to face Loki and noticed her soft eyes already looking at her, a content smile lingering on his face. "What?" She smiled.

Loki brought his thumb toward the corner of her mouth and rubbing the powdered sugar from her lips, his hand staying a tad too long. With everything he had shared with her and with the warmth she felt in his presence Gia, leaned across the console and placed her lips against his.

A sweet and loving kiss.