Chapter 2 - The Faunus State

2174, two years ago

2174, two years ago...

Menagerie.

The quote-un-quote 'home' of the Faunus species. A subcontinent just south of the Kingdom of Mistral thats two-thirds desert, and packed to the brim. The island was given to the Faunus as a gift by humanity along with equal rights. To humanity, it seemed like a fair deal as the Faunus earned their place in the world. To the Faunus, it was a slap in the face from sore losers. As years went by, the kingdoms tried to confine the entire Faunus population there. All in an attempt to undermine the equal rights they were given. In doing so, the Faunus Rights Revolution began, which the Faunus won, and the White Fang was formed to protect their rights. 

But then, Ghira Belladonna, the White Fang's founder and first leader opted to step down. His resignation caused a shift in the ideology of the White Fang. The new leader, Sienna Khan opted to use more threatening tactics. Violence and fear to earn what they want to be specific. Yet despite such morally gray tactics, Sienna knew when and when not to fight.

But other members had other ideas.

Ghira, now the Chieftain of Menagerie, was sitting in his office with his wife Kali. Sitting across from them were two men, one human, the other a Faunus. Both wore suits, and small pins in the shape of a flag. Earlier that day, several members of the Faunus Militia noticed airships and boats heading for Menagerie. At first many assumed they were Atlas, with the intention on kidnapping their people for slave labor. However they wrong, instead it was a diplomatic mission from a kingdom called the United States of America. To Ghira, it was an unexpected surprised, but being the peaceful man he was, it was welcomed nonetheless.

And boy, did they have the offer of a lifetime.

"...And that is what we can offer. That is if you sign the treaty Chieftain." Pierre Beaumont, the human diplomat said after explaining the terms of the treaty. 

Ghira removed his glasses before rubbing his chin in deep thought, staring at the papers. He then looked up at them both.

"Why do you wish to help us?" Ghira asked politely, "Why now?"

"The United States has been in isolation for far too long." Robert McConnell, the Faunus diplomat stated, "Our country may be self-sustaining, but its about time we have opened up to the outside world. But we're afraid the world as it is now won't be so...welcoming. The Kingdom of Atlas is corrupt, the aristocracy and elite run the place. Jacques Schnee exploits your people, my people for his own gain. That, cannot be allowed."

"We need allies, mon ami." Pierre continued, "You are in need of some as well. Our countries are underdogs in this world. I can assure you, that the United States' main policy, is to maintain the safety, security, and freedom of the people of Menagerie."

"This treaty will not only provide military aid in defending yourselves from Atlas, but also humanitarian and medical aid, and construction for better house for your people." McConnell added