Chapter 1 - The New World

"Wahoo!!!" Ruby shouted as she jumped around the bullhead, "Our first mission!!!"

"Calm down Ruby!" Weiss hissed at her teammate, "We've been on missions before, this isn't our first."

"Yes, but it's our first mission on our own!" Ruby explained, "We get to make our own rules...well, save for the ones we have to follow already."

"Ruby's right." Blake said as she put the book she was reading down, "We've come a long way since last year."

"Yeah!" Yang added as she checked her weapons, "Besides, we're Beacon's unofficial official best huntsmen team! If we succeed today, we'll be popular. And that's something I know you want Weiss."

Weiss rolled her eyes, at the blonde's comment.

"So what's the mission again?" she asked Ruby

"Honestly." Ruby explained, "It's just a simple scouting mission. Ozpin claims that there's been a low drop in White Fang activity lately. A village just outside the kingdom was reported to have been repeatedly raided by them. Then all contact ended yesterday. We just have to investigate to see whether or not the White took the village or not."

"Seems easy." Yang replied, "Shouldn't be a problem at all."

The bullhead landed in a lust forest, and all of Team RWBY stepped out. The village they were looking for was just in the distance.

"There it is." Blake said while pointing in the direction of village

Ruby took out Crescent Rose and morphed it into its sniper configuration; she looked through her weapon's scope to get a better look.

"Ruby, what do you see?" Weiss asked

"I see the village..." Ruby muttered, "It looks abandoned...no White Fang. Wait, there are bodies...dead White Fang operatives...and figures in green uniforms. They kinda look like military.