Chapter 11 - Enemy or Ally

WARNING! NAZI IMAGERY WILL BE DEPICTED IN THIS CHAPTER! VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED!!!

Team RWBY had been exploring a place called the National Mall for most of the day. The National Mall was a large landscaped park in the downtown area of Washington DC, and the location of the Washington Monument. It contained various museums, statues, and sculptures that were free for all to see. Each museum was part of the Smithsonian Institution.

Ruby got a kick out of the Air and Space Museum, which held the United States' history in science of aviation and spaceflight, as well as planetary science. Examples that were on display were the Wright Flyer; the very first airplane ever constructed, to the the F-35 Lightning; a stealth jet that was used by the US Military in the early to mid-21st Century.

Weiss went berserk in not only the Air and Space Museum, but also the National Museums of American History and Natural History respectively. Seeing the country's backstory was 'overwhelming' to say the least, and ended with Weiss having to be helped out of the building by her team.

There was also this other thing Weiss didn't understand, and that was the state of Ohio. She asked several locals, who simply said 'Ohio didn't exist'."

If there was one place that Blake enjoyed in the capital, it wasn't in the National Mall. It was actually the Library of Congress. While she was unable to purchase or read any books, it was a new part in the world of literature she enjoyed.

Yang on the other hand was, and of course, looking at all the cute boys she could lay her eyes on. There was the occasional look of confusion or glare from woman watching Yang wink at their men. But Yang also took the time to see what the people of America looked like. Humans and Faunus were walking amongst each other, with little to no prejudice coming from either one.

Even Blake was surprised at that, but she wanted more. Specifically, the question: Why and how?

-0-

"...So their government is a Council of Councils..." Ruby said the she and her team were back in the Blair House. They returned after visiting the city in order to prepare for the upcoming military parade, and meeting the President.

"No, its a Congress of delegates." Weiss replied to Ruby's comment, "Two houses that debate and then give their idea to their so-called president."

"Is that all?" Yang asked

"That's the extreme short-version." she said, "There's more to it, which means more of a migraine for me."

"Because you were proven wrong?" Blake asked

"No!" Weiss hissed, "This is all...wrong...not in a bad way though. Their rules, their way of life is just...different. A highly centralized kingdom, with a separation of power amongst its territories. No Grimm, no Dust, no Councils."