Chapter 8 - The Old World Meets the New

Word spread throughout Remnant that the fleet of warships were actually a diplomatic mission. The only question remained, was what kingdom? There weren't any others, and the Grimm made it virtually impossible to start up a new one. 

That was the question the kingdoms wished to know, and others wanted to know...

And they were about to get it.

Following their meeting, Ozpin and in turn, Vale's Council, called for an emergency session of the kingdoms' governments. And they invited the diplomats to make their presence known.

The meeting itself consisted of many of Remnant's influential individuals. Ranging from the Kingdoms of Vale, Vacuo, Mistral, and Atlas. To even the more questionable people like Jacques Schnee...though he might have had to throw cash around just to get in.

The meeting was to take place on the island of Vytal, where the Great War ended and modern-day Remnant emerged. The room they were in was the same where Kingdoms were reorganized after the Great War, but was renovated for modern use. 

Draping from both sides of the room was the same symbol seen on the massive airships that were flying over Vale, only this time, they were flags

The murmurs and small conversations between several people stopped abruptly when Ozpin stood up in his seat.

"Now, now." he announced, silencing everyone, "Its time we brought this meeting to order."

"There hasn't been a meeting summon to Vytal since the end of the Great War." one councilor stated firmly, "Ozpin, the news stated that the Kingdom of Vale was greeted by a diplomatic summit."

"Yes, that is correct." Ozpin answered

"And you're sure of that." another questioned

"I am." said Ozpin, "The ambassador greeted me and Professor Goodwitch personally."

"If it was a diplomatic mission, then why did they sent a fleet of airships with them?" Ironwood then asked, "To me it seemed like a show of force."

"Force or not, you know how difficult it is to travel without the Grimm attacking General." Ozpin reminded him, "You of all people should know that."