37. Girls Vs Boys

──・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──

──

             Mickey sat on the bleachers in the gym, bored out of her mind as Liberty went over the plays in her book. Mickey was the goalie she didn't need to know anything more than don't let the puck in the goal. "You stay on the left-wing allowing the fore-checkers to go deep in the offensive zone," Liberty was saying

"What's this play called again?" Kendra asked, they had to learn so many they were all starting to blur together.

"The left-wing lock," Liberty said, hitting her point to the words on the whiteboard as she said them. "It limits break-out space and forces the opposition's defence to carry the puck or bank it up on the boards. Girls this is child's play,"

"Yeah okay sure, but why am I here, if weren't actually going to practice," Mickey said, sitting up straighter in her seat. "The only plan I need to know is, stop the puck from going into the net," Liberty glared at Mickey, as Manny started giggling.

Hearing Manny's giggles Liberty turned directing her words at Manny. "Hey, little Ms. Happyface. What's a neutral zone trap, huh?"

"I don't know," Manny answered, not long giggling.

"Page 16. Did you read it?" Liberty asked her, angrily. "Maybe you don't know how to read!"

"Liberty," Mickey said, surprised at the girl's words.

"Why are you picking on me?" Manny asked

"Because you're the weakest link," Liberty answered Manny's question.

"You know what," Mickey said, getting up from her chair. "You need to calm down," she said, to Liberty. "And I need some to eat, come find me if we're actually going to practice," With that Mickey headed for the gym doors.

"You can just leave, we're working here," Liberty said, calling after her.

"I'm the goalie, Liberty. Learning plays is not going to help me stop the puck," Mickey said, as she exited the gym to find her brother and Boyfriend on the other side of the door laughing.

"And what do you two find so funny?" Mickey asked the pair of boys.

"Nothing," Jimmy said, pulling himself together. "So how was practice?"

"Don't even pretend like you weren't listening, you know it sucked," Mickey said, as the three of them started walking towards the front of the school. "Liberty is out of her mind which is driving me out of my mind. I mean Liberty's my friend and I love her but I've never wanted to strangle her more."

"If it makes you feel any better we'll go easy on you tomorrow," Spinner said, wrapping his arm around Mickey.

"Speak for yourself," Jimmy said, jokingly.