10. Basketball Boys

──・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──

            "Good morning, Degrassi," Ashley said, starting the morning announcements. "Tomorrow, morning announcements will be replaced by a very special afternoon pre-game screening as the Degrassi Panthers face off against Earl Gray in an exhibition match, so, Go, Panthers, Go."

"She's pretty suavee, got it together," JT commented on Ashley's performance.

"It's not suavee, it's suave." Emma corrected the boy. As Liberty came into the room taking her seat.

"Television is so stressful," Liberty said

"Ashley doesn't seem stressed." JT pointed out.

"I know. She's better than the people on the news. Calm, cool, a total natural." Manny complemented

"So, if you see the Earl Gray team holding lighters, it's because they always lose their matches. Have a great day, guys." Ashley finished the announcements.

"Lose their matches. Not bad." JT said

"That was my joke." Liberty said, " I mean, I wrote it after I found it on the 'Net."

"It's true, you know. You do all the work and Ashley takes all the glory. You should really talk to her." Emma said

"Or quiet. Why spend any more time at school than you already have to?" Sean said

"you're going out for basketball." Toby pointed out

"My social worker says it's beneficial. Personally, I couldn't give a rat's-" Sean started but was cut off by Mr. Simpson entering the room.

"Class, sorry for the delay." He said walking to the front of the class.

"It just makes me mad that people think Ashley is so funny and clever when all she's doing is reading my words," Liberty said

"Yeah, a monkey could do that," Mickey said,

"Personally, I'd say it's time you asked Princess Ashley to share the air, but, hey, it's your career," Emma said

"Alright, today we'll be exploring the fascinating world of HTML." Mr. Simpson said, starting the class.

              The next day, Mickey sat in media immersion just waiting till she could go watch the basketball game. She wasn't a huge sports fan, but it was better than class. And she wanted to be there to support Jimmy as he was on the team.

The tv was turned on for the announcements, and Liberty was on the screen playing with her face. "Do you think she knows she's on?" Mickey asked, watching the girl.