24

The smell of burnt toast brought Hazel out of her slumber, and she chuckled to herself as she could hear Ada telling someone off down stairs as she coughed. Hazel presumed John- he couldn't cook anything.

She frowned slightly when she realised Thomas hadn't visited her that night, she would of known if he did. She was a light sleeper, and it would of woken her up- even if it didn't, his distinct smell of cigarettes and cologne would of lingered in her room. She sighed slightly as she put on her dressing gown and slippers, slightly glad he decided not to see her. They were both drunk- and she was sure he would of been very drunk by the time he had gotten home. She knew what that would of led to, and she honestly wasn't sure it if would of been a good idea. She wanted them to talk about things properly before taking anything further.

She made her way down the stairs, running a hand through her once again messy hair, and yawning slightly as she walked into the kitchen.

"Good morning." She smiled slightly, finding herself avoiding Tommy's gaze as she took a cigarette from the table and lit it, chuckling at the black piece of toast on the side.

"Morning." Ada smiled at her friend.

"Hazel, fancy making my breakfast for me? Ada is being a pain in the arse." John huffed, resulting in getting hit on the back of his neck with a towel.

"Go on then." She huffed, but sent a smile his way, stopping as she walked past Arthur who was slumped back in a chair. "- you alive?" She smirked.

"Fucking barely." He groaned.

"Well, seeing as we are all obviously hungover, and Ada you've had to put up with us all, I'll make a proper breakfast." Hazel spoke, making her way over to the cupboard.

"Nope. No. I'm making it." Ada huffed.

"Wha- why?" Hazel frowned.

"You invited them over, you can clean up after them." Ada spoke, pointing to the corner of the room.

"Oh John that is just vile." She scrunched her face up with disgust as she looked at the pool of sick in the corner of the room.

"Ey! How the fuck do you know it was me?" He gasped.

"Because it's such a you thing to do." She grumbled, grabbing a damp cloth and bucket.

Thomas was just watching in amusement, his eyes defying him every moment as they stared at her. She even managed to look beautiful hungover in the morning.

..

3 am
5 hours prior.

Thomas chuckled as his two brothers stumbled into his sisters and Hazels house, watching as Arthur made his way to the sofa, and as John passed out almost immediately on the floor- not before hurling his guts out over the kitchen floor. Thomas wasn't a nice enough brother to clean that up for him.

He let out a small sigh, running his hands across his face. They went to a few other clubs, doing things they shouldn't of really done, and made a good few new enemies. In the moment, being all gangster with his brothers was fun, it made them feel powerful and intimidating. But when he got home and was left to his own mind and deafening thoughts, he could feel the stress and sleepless nights taunt him.

Then he looked up at the stairs, smiling softly. The girl whom was always capable to ease his stress was just a second away, and she wanted him with her. She wanted him back. He took off his cap and his coat, placing them on the arm chair and quietly making his way up the stairs, cringing slightly every time a floor board creaked.

He paused for a moment behind Hazels bedroom door, not sure why he felt nervous. The amount of alcohol he'd consumed had made him feel dizzy, although he mainly blamed her for the odd light headed feeling he'd get because it usually only happened whenever she was close to him. Gently, he pushed the door open, and was about to step into the room before he heard a cough behind him.