28

That night, Hazel had stopped over at Pollys new house after they'd spent the evening drinking, smoking and making awful attempts at playing cards.

Polly noticed the slight skip in Hazels step, she'd noticed the glimmer in her eyes and the wideness of her smile. And she knew it would be due to Thomas. Her suspicions were confirmed when Thomas showed up at the house the next morning, his tone also slightly more cheerful.

"Good morning Pol." He smiled, stepping past her and into the house.

"Good morning Thomas- Yes you can come in." She scoffed, closing the door behind her. "-Hazel's upstairs getting ready- she said she was meeting you at the shop?"

"Yeah, well, thought I might aswell just pick her up from here." He shrugged, leaning against the wall as he heard footsteps jog down the stairs.

"-Polly have you seen my shoes anywhere? They're the dark red ones, with the heel? They're the only ones that go with this dress." She called from the stairs as she hurried down them, not even noticing Thomas's presence.

He smirked as he noticed the shoes placed by the kitchen table, and picked them up. "-these ones?"

"Jesus Christ!" Hazel jumped, placing her hand over her chest, her eyes wide as she stood face to face with him. "Y-yes. Those." She blushed, taking them off him and slipping them on.

Thomas let his eyes roam her body for a moment, and tried to cover his smile. She always looked beautiful- every day without fail. But the fit and colour of the dress she had on that morning was particularly well suited to her.

"Where are you two going anyways?" Polly raised an eyebrow, taking a long drag from her cigarette.

"Short business trip. Not too far from here." Thomas replied, opening the front door and gesturing for Hazel to leave.

"Goodbye Pol. I'll see you tonight at the garrison." She smiled before hurrying out the door.

Thomas jogged slightly to catch up with her before she could get into the car, and softly grabbed her waist, spinning her round to face him. "-good morning." He smirked, and felt that comforting warmth when she returned his smile.

"Good morning." She beamed, placing a gentle hand on the side of his face and planting a soft kiss on his lips.

He rested his forehead on hers for a second, wishing they could stay in that moment forever, but soon straightened himself up again, moving away from her and holding the car door open. "-come on. We have some exciting business to attend to."

..

"Wow. This place is lovely." Hazel gasped as she looked up in awe at the picturesque cottage in front of her. Colourful flowers clung to the walls and bees buzzed around them happily.

Thomas studied her face as she took in a deep breath of the cleaner country air, and smiled slightly, not being able to help himself imagining them in a place like this when they were older. He shook his head- he needed to stop those thoughts, they hadn't even really spoke about what sort of relationship they have or want.

"Are you going to tell me why we're here now?" She asked as she watched two young lads play football in the field opposite.

"You see the taller one there? That, is Pollys son- Micheal." Thomas pointed to the taller boy with light brown floppy hair and a bright smile.

"Oh my gosh. You found him! This is amazing." She grinned in excitement as they walked side by side toward the gate that led to the garden.

"Yes. It's nice- but of course his 'mother' may not be too pleased about this- hence why I brought you." He replied, nudging into her slightly as they walked.