The Chains That Bind The Gods

Gilgamesh looked on in awe as he saw his oldest friend in a different form.

Enkidu: "You know my name? I'm surprised that one from the future would know of me."

Y/n: "Of course I would know you

Y/n: "Of course I would know you. Another you gave me this arm."

Enkidu looked at the arm and could confirm that it was indeed his arm from another form.

Y/n smiled as Baobhan Sith helped him walk with the others, though they were cautious of the vampiric fairy. Gilgamesh then slammed his hand down on Chaldea's console, scaring Solomon slightly.

Gilgamesh: "Enkidu! What form is this!?"

Enkidu perked up upon hearing the king of heroes' voice and a calm smile spread across his face.

Enkidu: "Gilgamesh. I don't believe you've seen me like this. This is the state I found myself in before we met. When I made my way to Uruk while my body was still morphing into the shape you knew me to have. I am a berserker rather than a lancer."

Billy and Geronimo led the group to a small shack on the outskirts of the town where they could rest for the night. Billy himself volunteered to stay up on first watch. Medb was bound in the corner of the room with Baobhan Sith watching her.

Ophelia couldn't help but feel restless around the fairy as the others managed to get some form of sleep. She sat up and looked over to see where Baobhan Sith was currently. She found the fairy sleeping not too far away from her as Cú and Geronimo took over hers and Billy's watch.

She tried to turn away from the fairy, but felt that the fairy was gazing intently at her. As such, she got up and walked outside where she met Enkidu as he crafted a small deer out of wood.

Ophelia: "You're quite skilled with carving, Enkidu."

Enkidu: "It's one of the many skills I learned from the people of Uruk. They would craft things like this from wood and clay. Eventually, I picked up some of the skills."

Ophelia watched silently as Enkidu carved the intricate details of the deer's fur into the wood.

Ophelia: Y'know. Y/n described you very differently from how you look here."

Enkidu: "As I said before. I was still adapting my form. I had yet to reach Uruk when I was like this, Shamhat had since returned to the temple from where she was sent to me. Eventually, I took on a form very similar to hers, but this was when I was still developing."

Ophelia: "So this is still post formless beast."

Enkidu chuckled as he placed the deer carving onto the ground. He leaned back in his seat before a wagon nearby started to move. Billy then sat up from where he was.

Billy: "Oh yeah, I need to have Nightingale have a look at him."

Enkidu walked over and removed the blanket covering a young man with long red hair.