In case you don't live forever

*Disclaimer: I just used Mer's birth year as 2004 cause that was 17 years ago if that makes sense*

No one's POV:

It was a warm and sunny afternoon everyone who loved Meredith was here to say their final goodbyes.

"Good afternoon everyone, we are all gathered here today to remember Meredith not as by what and how she died but who she was before the cancer and during the cancer, how she was a bright and bubbly girl who was loved by all we will start the service in a few minutes with her family bringing in her casket."

Derek's POV:

*Tears In Heaven by Eric Clapton starts playing*

That's our cue to start walking into the church, I didn't think Meredith believed in a God but then I guess her parents planned the funeral and would have wanted her to have a church service.

I'm carrying her casket, I'm carrying my girlfriend's casket alongside Richard, Thatcher, and Alex and we are all trying not to shed tears as we make our way up the aisle.

No one's POV:

"We are gathered here today to celebrate the life Meredith Elizabeth Grey had lived while she was here with us, we will start with the hail Mary and then I will leave it to you all family and friends to say a few words.

Ellis's POV:

This is the last time I can say something to Meredith all I hope is that wherever she is she hears me and forgives me.

"Thank you so much everyone for coming today, whether you are friends, or family I know she would have appreciated it. I know when Meredith was growing up I wasn't the most present and that I've realized this too late but Meredith if you could somewhat hear me, I love you dearly I miss you more than you will ever know and I am extremely proud of the women you had become and only wish you had more time here with us so we could have mended our relationship, it's time for you to rest now we miss you, Meredith."

Thatchers's POV:

"Meredith, she was like no other girl you would have met she had this sparkle in her eyes when she talked about something she adored and had her ways to make me give her everything she wanted. It will forever be my greatest regret not reaching out to you Meredith when I could have and I want you to know that I love you and never stopped and you will always be my little Meri."

//

Alex & Izzie's POV:

Alex -"Um hi everyone I'm Alex and this is Izzie we wrote a short speech type thing we didn't want it to be too long because we knew how much Mer hated long speeches but if we are being honest there was so much we could have written about Meredith but if we wrote everything down we know Mer would be turning in her casket trying to drown out the constant talking."

Izzie- "If we are being honest we would have never expected to be here like most of you would feel too but we are here and we are remembering Meredith. Meredith was like no other person I had met, when she walked into rooms they would just light up from just her presence and all the problems people were facing would just melt away. Meredith always put other people's needs before her own including mine she was going through a breakup and still helped me when I was going through adoption and I will forever be grateful for that, so thank you, Meredith."

Alex- "Like Izzie said she always put other's needs before her own, she gave me a place to stay when I had nowhere to go even when she was still going through a breakup. I've known Meredith since we were in 2nd grade when we would run across the playground physically punching each other, now don't let Meredith's size fool you she may have been a small 6-year-old but she was strong well strong enough to give me a black eye for stealing her pencil. Now as we said we can't talk for long as Meredith would probably be bored out of her mind and just waiting for Derek to speak, the love of her life. Derek trust me she loved you she never stopped talking about you."