Chapter 5

After I saw that text, I hesitated to move and go join her but I got off the bed as quiet as possible so Topper wouldn't wake up. Once I was up I took and my phone and putted on my shoes before leaving his house, I wanted to spend more time with him and didn't want this moment to end like this but I felt like I had to join Sarah.

I was almost at my house when I remembered that I was wearing Topper clothes, I just had to hope she wouldn't notice or ask to much about it.

I arrived at my house when I saw Sarah waiting in front of the door, I was suprised that my mom didn't come open to her but I though she's probably at her parents, my mom and I aren't that close and don't talk about your life together so it almost felt like we are just roomate which is weird to me. "Finally, where were you? I've been waiting for almost 5 minutes" she said to me exhausted "Sorry I went for a walk, is there anything wrong with that ?" I didn't want to be so agressive but i couldn't help it, she rolled her eyes "No it's fine. Are we gonna enter or not ?" I went to open the door without saying a word and entered my house, i closed the door after her and went sat on the couch in the living room. "You wanted to talk ? Go ahead, i'm listening." I said while taking off my shoes, she looked at me for a moment "They aren't your clothes, are they?" she said confused "I don't know, found them in the back of my wardrobe" I raised my shoulder "Whatever. I don't want to make this longer, you were cruel with me last time y/n. You have never been so mean like that, not that you don't have the right to be mad but you were unfair with me. I know we are bestfriend and you care about me but don't ever talk about my relationship with Topper or tell him what yo do about us. No matter how much I hate the way you spoke to me, i'm still worried about you and I want you to know that i'm here for you. I'm sorry if I have been distant but I wanted to fix things between Topper and I" I retained myself to laugh at the last sentence because I knew she didn't love Topper as much as she seemed to because why would she cheat on him. I nodded letting her know that I understood everything and make her feel like I was sorry about it, I don't hate her but I just know that I was right to act like this. "Okay well now that everything was said, I'll go see Topper because he leaved right after we argued this morning. " she smiled, I smiled to her back so I don't seem suspecious "Oh I'm sorry, he's probably went to his house. I'm sure everything will be back to normal soon" I tried to look happy saying this even tho I didn't mean it at all  but that's what I had to do, I trust Topper and I'm sure he will tell her how he feels. After I said that she went for a hug, I hugged her back but right after that she started being distant and looked at me as if she was still angry before quickly leaving or maybe she was sad I didn't know but I knew rigt after that, that she recognized the smell of the clothes I was wearing.

I heard my phone ringing right after sarah leaved so I looked at it and it was Topper calling me so I quickly took it "Hey where are you y/n ?" he said worried "I'm sorry, my mom called so I had to go. I really enjoyed spending time with you" of course I half lied but I couldn't bring sarah in this conversation "I was worried you know, why didn't you wake me up ?" he said "You seemed so comfortable so I though that I'd let you sleep longer" right after I said that I heard a knock but it wasn't from my door but from Topper's. "Wait a second, someone knocked" he said before rushing to his door, I didn't understood what they were saying but I knew this was sarah. I was abou to hang up when I heard a voice getting closer or louder i'm not sure "y/n was right sarah, we aren't made for each other i'm sorry. Now that you and I know this I think you should leave" he told sarah and closed his door right after that, that seemed unecessary aggressive but I was glad he was honest with her. "Sorry for the wait y/n it was sarah, I told her that we need to break up and that you were right about her and I." I smiled when I heard that "That you really mean a lot to me but you did this for you right ? I don't want you to do this for anyone other than you. I said "No y/n, I did this for us because I love you " this seemed unreal, almost like a dream but I didn't care because I was feeling happy again. "I love you too Topper" I said smiling so hard after that it was silence we just appreciated each other company until Topper broke the silence "There's a party at the beach tonight, want to come with me?" I laughed "I know you can't party without Topper and Kelce so it will be a no" "Come on y/n, it can be just you and I. Also they will have to be used to hang out with you because you are my girlfriend now" "Really? Did Topper just called me his girlfriend ?" I said without hiding the fact I was the happiest "Something wrong with that? If not I'll come pick you now" he said teasing before hanging out, which left me no choice but to accept.

I got out of my bed, changed into fresh clothes and putted on some makeup before goign downstairs and waiting in front of my door for Topper to come.

After some minutes who felt like hours because I was too excited to see him again, he came looking happy to see me too. I entered the car and we leaved for the beach, we didn't talk too much in the car but something made my day even better, this time Topper had his hand resting on my thigh while driving.