[3] Rehearsing a play.

a/n : by the way, the ~ symbol means whisper
────── 〔✿〕──────

1/9/25

3rd person POV
Ant approaches the door as Declan waits on the other side, anxiously awaiting seeing the man he loves again. Anthony opens the door to see Dec on the other side, looking like he needs to say something important.

Ant's POV
I invite Dec in as I see his eager face getting ready to form the beginning of a sentence.
"Hey Dec!"
"Hello Anth!"
That's weird, he's never called me 'Anth' before. Maybe he just slipped up when saying Ant?
"Anth- Ant, I need to tell you something."
"Oh...umm...ok Dec!"
Now I'm confused. Is he ok?

Dec's POV
"So what's wrong Dec?"
QUICK, DEC, THINK OF SOMETHING!
"Oh...umm..."
"Dec, I've known you for 32 years. I can tell when something is wrong. So just tell me!"
Ant puts his hand on my shoulder. I tense at the feeling of his touch. It's so soft...and caring. Maybe he loves me.
"Umm..." I need to say something, anything! "MY UNDERPANTS ARE TOO SMALL!"
Ant laughed before looking at me seriously.
"Very funny. But seriously, Dec, what's wrong?"
I guess he's gonna find out at some point anyway...
"You might wanna sit down for this, Ant."
"Oh god, it's not bad news is it?"
"No...well it depends on whether you think it is."
"So just tell me already!"
"Ok...I'm gay."
Ant was silent for a moment before saying, "That's...fine?" Ant grinned at me. "I support you, Dec!"

Ant's POV
He's gay! He's GAY? I'm gay! Wait. Can other gay people tell if people are gay? I couldn't tell if he was gay...but maybe I just don't have the gay sense. What if I'm not really gay...what if I'm just Dec gay? What is he finds out? He can't find out!
"There's something else I need to tell you though, Anth."
Oh god, he has a boyfriend! He's gay and he's got a boyfriend, and it's not me!
"What's wrong Dec?"
"Ummmmmmmm..."
"Tell me!"
"Uhhhhhhhhhhh..."
"DEC!" I exclaim, in mock anger.
"FINE I'LL TELL YOU!" he yells.
"GOOD!"
"I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU ANTHONY MCPARTLIN!" he screams.
"IM IN LOVE WITH YOU TOO!!!" I yell.
"WAIT WHATTT????" He screams questioningly.
"IM GAY TOO DEC!"
"OK ANTH I SUPPORT YOU!!"
"OK!"
"IS IT OK IF I KISS YOU NOW ANT?"
"YES IT IS!"
He kisses me. He kisses me? I JUST GOT KISSED BY DECLAN DONNELLY-
Then we hear a knock on the door.
"~who could that be~" I whisper.
"~I don't know Anth, but i'm more worried about what they heard- ~"
"Come in!!" I say to the mysterious knocking person.
"~ANT!!!~" Dec whispers angrily.
"~what??~"
"~what if they heard something?~"
Suddenly, Mr. David Williams bursts through the door.
"Boys...you have some explaining to do."
"What do you mean David?" Dec says, looking flustered and his eyes pleasing at me for help.
"I mean...WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST HEAR?"
"Oh umm...that explaining..."
"YOU GUYS ARE GAY? I mean I always kinda knew but like you didn't come out soooooooooo..."
I look at Dec. He shakes his head.
"No David...we were....urm..." I think for a second, "REHEARSING A PLAY!" I realise how false that sounded. "Yes, David, we were rehearsing a play."
David looks really embarrassed. I feel really bad for lying to him...but I have to hide this from him. He can't know.
"Ohhhh...ummmmm...can I be in the play?"
I look at Dec frantically.
"Yes...but David, it's a prank."
"What do you guys mean?" David sounds upset.
I look at Dec. "~WHAT ARE YOU DOING DEC?!~"
"Yes, we are gay, David." Dec says.
"Awwww cute!!!!!" David says, "You guys are so cute! I can't wait to tell Simon."
"David dont tell Simon-" I say, but I am interrupted by David calling someone titled 'Boo' on his phone. I think to myself, 'Oh my god, is David gay for Simon? Or are they a couple?' I can't believe Simon is called 'Boo' on David's phone. I mean, Simon isn't the most friendly person in the world. He's genuinely nice, but I just can't see him being gay...but what do I know? I didn't know about Dec, after all!
Simon answers the phone with a muffled, "Hey Baby."
────── 〔✿〕──────
OH MY-
DAVID AND SIMON ARE GAY-
i mean, i knew that, but i just enjoy shipping them!
────── 〔✿〕──────

David blushes and says, "Hey Simon. I'm with Ant and Dec and they want to say hi."
Simon says (no pun intended),"NO DAVID DONT PASS THE PHONE DID THEY HEAR ME SAY BABY DAVID LISTEN TO ME DAVID I AM TALKING TO YOU DAVID AS YOUR BOSS I COMMAND YOU TO NOT PASS THE PHONE!!!!!"
David replies, "You're on speaker, Simon."
Simon says "DAMMIT DAVID!!"

Dec's POV
I had to tell him. He would have guessed anyway. He's not stupid, isn't David. He's very smart. He's gay, anyway! He would've figured it out when he saw how different we are now, now we know. I guess Simon should know. Otherwise David will kill us. Literally. No joke.
"Umm Simon?" I say.
"Dec?"
"Yes, Simon?"
"Hello Dec."
"Hello Simon."
"Umm Dec?"
"Yes Simon?"
"Why did David call me?"
"Umm..."
"What is it Dec?"
"Are you and David gay?"
"No-" Simon starts.
"SIMON-" David says angrily.
"Yes we are Dec."
"Ok..."
"Surely that isn't why David called me though?"
I sigh.
"No it isn't, Simon."
"So what is the reason?"
I look at Anth. He nods, reluctantly.
"Me and Ant...we're gay."
Simon is silent. "Okayyyy...."
"What?"
"You're gonna go public?"
"Hell no Simon! We'd be exposed."
"Me and David were planning on it...well lots of people kind of know due to David's flirtatious behaviour on BGT."
"OH MY GOD THAT WAS REAL???????" Ant exclaims.
"Hello, Ant. Yes it was real, by the way."
"OH MY GOD I NEED A MOMENT" Ant yells before running out into the corridor.
I chase after him. "Anth...ANTH where are you?"
I hear movement from the storage cupboard. I open the door to the cupboard. I see Ant, wearing a mop on his head, although for some reason I don't notice it immediately. "Hello Ant!!!" I exclaim. I notice the mop on his head. "Did you get a hair transplant?" I giggle. "Yes, do you like it?" He twirls around, the strands of the mop splaying out around his head. I grab the bucket, aiming to put it on my head. Water sloshes around inside it. "Woah...didn't think it'd be full!" I accidentally spill some of the water in a puddle on the tiled floor of the corridor. Ant comes out into the corridor then grabs my hand and spins me around. I giggle. "Ant..." and then he runs off down the corridor yelling "CATCH ME IF YOU CAN!!" I laugh. I start to run after him but then I slip in the puddle of water on the floor and fall, hitting my head on the metal radiator to my right in the process. I feel a warm trickle running down my head as I fall into unconsciousness.

David's POV
I hear a loud thud in the corridor and run out of Ant's dressing room into the corridor. I see Dec led on the floor with an open wound above his eye, leaking a pool of blood all around him. I grab my phone, tell Simon I have to go, hang up, and then I ring 999. This can't be good. He's getting paler by the second and his breathing is slowing. God, I hope I don't have to do mouth to mouth...does that count as cheating?
The emergency services answer almost immediately.
"999, what's your emergency?" the woman on the operating side says.
"I need an ambulance!!!"
"Ok, but what's your emergency?"
"Declan Donnelly has hit his head on a radiator by the looks of it, it's bleeding badly. His skin is getting paler by the minute and his breathing is slowing!"
"Dec???? Oh my god oh my god oh my goddd..."
"JUST SEND AN AMBULANCE!!"
"Ok where are you sir?"
"Wembley studios."
"Stay with Mr Donnelly, Mr...?"
"Mr Walliams. David Walliams."
"Alright Mr Walliams. Make sure Dec," she stuttered, "make sure Dec keeps breathing and try to stop the blood leaking from his head. DAVID WALLIAMS????? IM ON THE PHONE TO DAVID WALLIAMS."
"Yes it's me miss but that's not your priority right now is it really? Dec is really hurt here you need to send an ambulance to Wembley studios. I've been on the phone to you for 15 minutes trying to get an ambulance, we need one right now!!!"
"Sending an ambulance now, Mr Walliams." the operator says, her voice wobbling.
I grab the first aid kit from down the corridor then shout for Ant. He'll know what to do, right?
Right...?