Accepting her

It had been two days since Arnav and Khushi had arrived at Gomti Sadan. The Gupta family had shifted back to Lucknow, and Khushi was keen on visiting them, as she was unable to get a glimpse of them for more than three months.

As he could not pass a day without his wife by his side, Arnav tagged along with Khushi. Though the house had no amenities that Arnav would feel comfortable in, the changed man felt the love of the family overpowering his comfort. And the best part was, Khushi's smile that just broadened when she was with her parents. Though she was the same chirpy girl in Shantivan, her true childish self was unmasked only with her parents, which he adored!

'These rains don't seem to stop!' He heard his father- in- law's remarks. Since the time they arrived in Lucknow, it was raining cats and dogs, the roads were blocked, and no one could step out of their houses.

'It is getting boring, Babuji', joined Khushi, pouting.

'Yeah! This Sanka Devi's feet won't stay at one place for long! Confined to the house for two days straight is a huge task for her!' Buaji teased, as Arnav agreed upon her.

There was no proper network and Arnav's work was hampered. But that did not disappoint him. He was spending time with a family he hardly knew about. While in Delhi, he rarely stayed for long in Lakshmi nagar, and his conversation was very limited because he was always working. Since the two days, Arnav was getting to know them better without any interference. And it was not at all bad! He was enjoying it, rather.

Suddenly, he sneezed, gaining attention from three people.

'Arnavji, I knew you would catch cold with this weather', Khushi frantically rushed to get his medications. She could not afford him to fall sick.

'I will make a potion for your relief', Garima said, making her way to the kitchen, while an equally concerned Buaji and Shashi watched over Arnav.

As they all hovered upon him, he could find the similarities this family shared along with his'. His Nani and Di were over-concerned and over-protective for him whenever he fell sick, and he could see the same fear, anxiety, nervousness, care, and most importantly love in their eyes.

He was advised complete rest by the ladies of the family, who provided him with time-to-time medications and food, that could make him feel better.

'Please Buaji, I am full. I cannot have anymore', Arnav requested, his eyes pleading his wife to help him out, while Khushi just enjoyed the fun.

'Jiji! Don't force him. He is not a child. He knows how much to eat', Shashi said, bringing Arnav out of misery, who mouthed a silent thank you, which Shashi acknowledged with a smile and a nod.

'Children these days! You don't take the proper food and hence fall ill easily', Buaji chided, giving up.

Arnav was resting in his room on everyone's insistence, as he had developed full blown cold and fever. Khushi was by his side, tending to his needs, when she got a call from the doctor they were consulting.

'Khushi bitiya! I have messaged you some medications. Please get them for your husband and he will recover soon!' He advised.

'Ji uncle, Thank you!' She cut the call and glanced at Arnav with teary eyes, as she couldn't see him suffering.

Placing a tender kiss on his forehead, she left the room, requesting her mom to take care of Arnav till she returned with the medications.

Garima felt bad as her daughter's tears trickled down her cheeks. She had been one of the witnesses to their love and was more than happy to have Arnav as her son-in-law who took care of her daughter, loved her to such an extent that he was ready to lay the world under her feet.