Intezaar ka phal meeta hota hai!

'Khushi, chill yaar. Why do you fret so much?' Complained Payal, Khushi's best friend.

'You dont know Payal. I have to look perfect. After all its a very important day in my life', Khushi chided.

'You always look the best darling! But are you sure that he will be there?' Questioned Payal for the nth time that day.

Khushi sighed and sat down before her, 'Positive. He cant deceive me'.

Payal too shrugged her shoulders. 'I am not sure Khushi. But I am worried about you. I dont want you to come back depressed'. She admitted her fears.

'You are unnecessarily worried then. I know him, he can deny anyone. But not me!' Khushi replied confidently.

'Fifteen years Khushi! Dont you think its a long time?' Payal poked again.

'Love has no limits Payal', Khushi beamed.

'Does he love you?'

Khushi's face fell from the question posed.  But a second later, it regained its colour along with a blush.

'I will make sure he loves me!' She chirped.

'For that, he has to be present there Khushi. What if he had forgotten your promise? He is The Arnav Singh Raizada! The leading name in Fashion industry!' Payal sighed.

'He might be the king of the industry Payal! But to me, he is just Arnav!' Khushi smiled.

'I hope it remains so! I badly want him to keep up the promise!' Payal said.

'He will! I am positive about it!' Khushi declared.

'Khushi!' Payal held her shoulders. 'Dont have any expectations. He is your friend and it might remain the same for him. Please dont decide or hope for anything until you meet him. Alright?'

'See! Even you know that he would come there!' Khushi's face lightened.

'I wish he does, Khushi. Because I cannot see my friend go through depression', Payal confessed.

'Uffo Payal! You are too much protective', complained Khushi.

'I dont care what you think about me. I want the best for my friend', Payal said.

'Aww! I love you', Khushi hugged Payal tightly.

'Got to go now, bye!' Khushi waved a quick bye to her friend and made her way to her destination, ecstatic.

Arnav and Khushi had been the best of friends since childhood, courtesy to the neighbouring houses they lived in Manali. They literally ate together, played together and studies together. They were inseparable and possessive about each other, until one day destiny decided to separate them. They both were of 10 years, when Khushi's family met with an accident and she was taken back by her grandmother to her village, far away from Arnav.

The moment the news came about her leaving the town, Arnav could not contain himself and visited Khushi to try not letting her go. She was the only friend he had, and he could not afford to lose her. But as a child, he could do nothing but plead his parents and her grandmother, who too seemed helpless. Finally, accepting the reality, both agreed to a pact that they would meet each other, exactly on Khushi's birthday after 15 years, that is when she would be 25. No matter where they were, how they were, they decided to meet at Devi Maiya's temple, Khushi's favourite place.

With that note, both parted ways, with no contact with each other after that. When Khushi grew up to 18 years, she visited Manali with a hope to meet Arnav, but was disappointed to know that his family too left the city to expand their business.