- Chapter 7 -

Flashback

"Can you stop!" I yelled trying to reach for my books. Brad Carter. My enemy. I still do not quite understand the reason but I just know me and him could never be friends.

"Come on Toffey!" He mocked. He would always call me toffey because I was soft. I felt the tears begin to well up in my eyes as everyone laughed at the scene.

"Just g-give me the bag!" I stuttered feeling more humiliated. The bell rang loudly causing everyone to scatter. He stood there, towering over me. Although we were only in ninth grade he was taller than the rest of the boys.

"Your pathetic." He spat throwing my bag down to the floor. The tears began escaping down my face as I hid it from him. There was no chance I would give him the satisfaction of seeing me cry.

"Why do you hate me so much?" I asked more timidly than I would like.

He began laughing, as if the answer was obvious. "I don't have the time to talk to you."

♬♫♪♩

Brad's POV

I do slightly feel bad. I don't quite understand why I am not allowed to like her, shes actually funny and kind of cute.

Father told me that she was bad news, and her family would make him out to be a bad guy. But he isn't bad.

I walked away from her as she was sobbing on the floor. Although I had to do this I didn't want her to suffer more than she had to so I made sure everyone in this school knew not to bully her, only I could do that.

Other people would comment of physical appearance or personal details, I just be a prick to her and call her pathetic but only occasionally. Thats as far as it goes.

"Hey bro, don't you think she's just such a cry baby. Your right she is patheti-"

"Shut the fuck up." I snapped. "You know the rules."

"Don't insult Tiffany, shes only for you." He repeated. I nodded my head before apologising for being rude.

Flashback over.

Everything is dark. It feels like I have tons of brick weighing down my body so it can't move. What happened?

Oh thats right. That guy came at us. Us? Who was I with?

Toffey. All I can think about is toffey. I wonder why? Did I eat it before he came?

I can't feel pain but theres an uncomfortable feeling in my abdomen. I can hear beeping. So I am in the hospital. I can only hear faint voices, but a loud crying noise keeps replaying in my mind.

I wonder if they have toffey pudding maybe thats what I need. But I am too tired to talk right now.

One day later.

I still can barely hear anyone. I just know their here. My dad, mom and theres been some women coming that causes an argument. I still don't know why toffey is so important. I remember hating it as a kid.

The uncomfortable feeling in my stomach is still their but slightly less noticable. Key word slightly. I am also moving my eyes around just my eyelids won't open. I think it's late hours now as I no longer think my mom and dad are here, but theres someone who has came. They hold my hand, for the entire time.

I believe they are a womens hand, I don't remember having any women who cared for me like that.

Toffey.

Their hands are warm, soft even. It's comforting. I don't know how long I have been awake for but whoever this person is, has only made their appearance now. I need to say something. I need to know who they are.